Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Visiting Chernobyl

Article about: Did anyone else dare to go there yet or am I still the craziest WRF member? Here is the full minute of video we shoot... : http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=...type=3&theater Wish we h

Default Re: Visiting Chernobyl

Quote by Monuir View Post
    I'm going back to Chernobyl in a few weeks, let me know if anyone wants to join
    I would love to join you, but I live in the U.S., and could not get there.

Since you are going back, would you be willing to go into a certain area?

I would really like to see more pictures of the military vehicle bone yard that is south west of the city. According to Google Earth, it is located at 51*09'16.68" N by 29*58'56.54 E

I do not know if this area is accessible, but if you can get in, I would like to see more pictures of the military vehicles stored there.

Boridin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Visiting Chernobyl
    P
    Many

Great pictures.Very amazing.it is like the video game Fallout

wow amazing.. great pics btw

Quote by herrzark View Post
    Great pictures.Very amazing.it is like the video game Fallout
    It is my understanding that the video game is based on the Chernobyl/Pripyat area, and the designers spent a few days there taking pictures, and so on.

Boridin

Quote by RedHorseman25 View Post
    It is my understanding that the video game is based on the Chernobyl/Pripyat area, and the designers spent a few days there taking pictures, and so on.

Boridin
    Maybe.It is like the same

?

Quote by RedHorseman25 View Post
    I would love to join you, but I live in the U.S., and could not get there.

Since you are going back, would you be willing to go into a certain area?

I would really like to see more pictures of the military vehicle bone yard that is south west of the city. According to Google Earth, it is located at 51*09'16.68" N by 29*58'56.54 E

I do not know if this area is accessible, but if you can get in, I would like to see more pictures of the military vehicles stored there.

Boridin

I don't know about fallout, this game is in the future. But the game S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is based on chernobyl, and the developers have rebuilt the chernobyl and the city of pripyat and the surroinding areas. It is a good game, and i played it before i went to Chernobyl, it was crazy comming there because it felt like i had been there, playing the game.

Im sorry but the military vehicle bone yard is very hard to access. The military patrolling in chernobyl would not be happy to find me there as it is restricted area and completely forbidden to go there. It is because of all the radiaton from the vechicles, it was open to public but after reading super high doses they forbid people to go there.

i played a little with S.T.A.L.K.E.R.. Did not knew that is is based in chernobyl.Now i sure will play again this game.
    Thanks for the info

It's beginning to look like something similar could soon be happening, albeit on a smaller scale, anytime soon in Fukushima Japan. I don't know who Shima was, but somebody obviously didn't like him.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by Monuir View Post
    I'm sorry but the military vehicle bone yard is very hard to access. The military patrolling in Chernobyl would not be happy to find me there as it is restricted area and completely forbidden to go there. It is because of all the radiation from the vehicles, it was open to public but after reading super high doses they forbid people to go there.
    Monuir:

Not a problem. Wouldn't want you to get in any trouble, or worse yet, get sick. Worth an ask though. After all, if you don't ask, you will never know.

Thank you

Boridin

Gday,
    For those who did the dirty work,The Chernobyl Medal.
    I wonder how many who recieved this award are still with us?

Visiting Chernobyl

Cheers
    Dave

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast