Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

US dogtag info

Article about: Annoyed from this ads?   Name: US dogtag.jpg  Views: 0  Size: 225.0 KB  ID: 758405 class= thumbnail style= float:CONFIG /> hey guys , Im back and this time to ask people

Exclamation US dogtag info

hey guys , Im back and this time to ask people here who can help me with more information about this US dogtag . It was always a dream for me to have a US dogtag and last weekend a old men here give this to me . I know he survived the war because i have the 2 dogtags . His name is William F Marshall servicenumber: 39009795
    tetanus shots in 1941 and 1942 bloodgroup:A he is married and i think like here is standing frances marshall 2833 mission street san francisco california is his wife or the adress of his mother . he is catholic. i have try to research some information and this is what i already found . he has been born on 17 feb 1918 in Humboldt California , joined the army on 8 july 1941 in San francisco. Has been 4 years in high school and his rank in the army was private . after hours on the internet i have found nothing interesting . Now i want to ask you guys to help me with this to get more information . Is he still alive , maybe a picture or anny kind of information will be awesome . here some links that i have found . thanks for reading this greetz joris

NARA - AAD - Page not found

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:V256-4MN

William F Marshall : U.S. Army Enlistment Record

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:KMK2-P94
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US dogtag info  
    Last edited by loldude14; 10-28-2014 at 05:46 PM.

Aik
    ?

US dogtag info

Hey aik thanks for reading my message but i have found this picture too but it's not the one from my dogtag , same name but the date he is born is diffirent and the one on your picture got a diffirent woman

Oh these James-Franklin-Ryan NO James-Francis-Ryan mistakes are bad!

What do you mean ?

?

That was a reference to Saving Private Ryan (James Francis Ryan)....

In any case, not much else to be found online. Only other info is that he passed away on March 26th, 2006 in Yuma, AZ.

His wife's name was Mary Jane Marshall and she passed away in 1998.

They had a daughter, also named Mary Jane (b.1938) and it appears she may still be living. Not much info on her. May be worthwhile to try to find her as she would likely have all the info you are looking for.

Beyond that, you have enough info to submit a request for his records. All you need do is fill in SF-180, found here:

http://www.archives.gov/research/ord...d-form-180.pdf

Good luck!

US dogtag info

US dogtag info

thank you so much for all the information , i'm really happy . I will try to send a sf180 request for more information but can you help me with that because i dont know how to do it . Also i wanna ask you if you want to send the document paper that you can see on the second screenshot on the top in the right corner that orginal image if you can take a screenshot of that . thank you already so much