Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

88th Squadron Mugshot/Air Medal?

Article about: Found this in an antique shop yesterday and it has me a little stumped. Its a photo of someone who seems to be in the US Army Air Corps (according to the wings & propeller on his collar)

?

Default 88th Squadron Mugshot/Air Medal?

Found this in an antique shop yesterday and it has me a little stumped. Its a photo of someone who seems to be in the US Army Air Corps (according to the wings & propeller on his collar), and attached to the photo is an Air Medal ribbon bar. The back of the photo says ""88th Squadron". I dont know much about the different units, and an internet search turns up a LOT of different results, mostly 88th bomber squadron, but also 88th troop transport, and 88th infantry. What really interests me is the photo, and how much it looks like a mugshot. Was this common for soldier identification, or is this actually a mugshot? I'd really like to find some information about this 'Drury' fellow.

Any and all help is appreciated
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 88th Squadron Mugshot/Air Medal?   88th Squadron Mugshot/Air Medal?