Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Audie MURPHY

Article about: Not sure if anyone is aware but there is a petition campaign to award Audie Murphy, the U.S. Presidential Medal of Freedom. This is the highest civilian honor in America. The nomination is n

Default Audie MURPHY

Hello!
    Yesterday, I saw a western on French TV and before, the announcer told the story of this man.
    He fought in Holtzwihr, near Colmar and I never hear of him!!!

The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

He was the most decorated US soldier of WWII and then later became an actor. He had some personal problems but was undoubtedly a very brave man. He repeatedly refused a commission until all his buddies had been killed. There is a movie of his wartime exploits to hell and back based on a book.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

A great photo of a incredible soldier.I have a Life magazine from July 16,1945 which shows him back home and shows his medals.He looks like a young boy and I know he died in a plane crash I believe in 1971.RIP GREAT GUY.

ww2 was Audie Murphy
    ww1 SGT York.
    chris

Audie Murphy had a difficult time entering the military as he was of slight build and appeared too weak to serve in the military. He persisted and finally was accepted by the U S Army. He died in a private plane crash in 1971. He is buried at Arlington National Cemetary.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

He is one of my Heroes.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    He is one of my Heroes.

Cheers, Ade.
    Me too.

One of mine as well.

He had the ability of staying cool in the heat of battle
    and could assess otherwise confusing combat
    situations. Interestingly, he played himself
    in the film "To Hell And Back".........
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 03-27-2014 at 03:53 AM. Reason: Additions, Spelling.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Was JUST reminding myself the other day to try and pick up his book.
    A couple videos-
    What's My Line (1955) - Audie Murphy What's My Line on 3 July, 1955 - YouTube
    Discusses WWII - Audie Murphy Discusses WW2 - YouTube
    Death Announcement (1971) - Audie Murphy Announcement of Death (NBC, ABC, and CBS) - YouTube

newspaper
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Audie MURPHY  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast