Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Australian Red Cross Society food parcel tins

Article about: I have just picked up 3 unopened tins of dripping/lard which came from Australia. They turned up at the weekend in the attic of a local house here in Jersey Channel Islands. I am somewhat at

Default Australian Red Cross Society food parcel tins

I have just picked up 3 unopened tins of dripping/lard which came from Australia. They turned up at the weekend in the attic of a local house here in Jersey Channel Islands. I am somewhat at a loss as I know the Islands recieved Red Cross food parcels from New Zealand, Canada and the UK, but I have never heard of any from Australia. I am finding it very hard to find any info as to wether any Australian foodstuffs were ever sent in the parcels which came to the Islands..... is there an expert out there on Australian Red Cross food parcels? I know that Australian foodstuffs were sent in POW parcels but thats as far as i have got.
    Furthermore I would love to know if these tins are regarded as rare/valuable, the Canadian and New Zealand tins in this condition and unopened are very scarce and collectable so again info on this are for these tins would be much appreciated. If you have any info then email me at damienhorn1@gmail.com
    All the best from Jersey, Channel Islands.
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Australian Red Cross Society food parcel tins   Australian Red Cross Society food parcel tins  

Australian Red Cross Society food parcel tins   Australian Red Cross Society food parcel tins  

Australian Red Cross Society food parcel tins   Australian Red Cross Society food parcel tins  

Default Re: Australian Red Cross Society food parcel tins

G'day mate, all I can tell you is that "Anchor" is a Western Australian company which is still going, I buy anchor blackcurrant cordial for my daughter! They are based in O'Connor, just outside of Fremantle.

Default Re: Australian Red Cross Society food parcel tins

Hi Sandgroper,
    Thanks for that. I am sure with the help of other forum members we will get to the bottom of this one for sure.
    All the best,
    D.