Become our sponsor and display your banner here

BAOR berets 1950's?

Article about: What would be an appropriate black beret worn by the Mixed Service Organisation (MSO) of the British Army of the Rhine (BAOR) for the 1950's? I would like to source one for the MSO cap badge

Default BAOR berets 1950's?

What would be an appropriate black beret worn by the Mixed Service Organisation (MSO) of the British Army of the Rhine (BAOR) during the 1950's?

I would like to source one for the MSO cap badge that I already have but do not know anything about British Army beret makers, service dates etc.
    so any help will be very much appreciated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	h_mso_57.jpg 
Views:	826 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	756320
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Hi Stefan have a look hear you may find this thread helpful in your quest for information ASR 142; has included wartime and postwar date codes in post 6 for Kangol berets.
    Wwii british berets traits and construction
    Regards Mark
    Always on the look out for WW II Canadian Helmets and Cam nets to add to my collection.

Found a Canadian Mk II Medics Helmet and yes I know they are about as rare as hens teeth !!!!!

Thanks for the link Mark
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Your welcome Stefan.

Regards Mark
    Always on the look out for WW II Canadian Helmets and Cam nets to add to my collection.

Found a Canadian Mk II Medics Helmet and yes I know they are about as rare as hens teeth !!!!!

I would expect them to be wearing a very dark blue beret rather than black, the same as either of these examples I have, though obviously with the appropriate badge. They are getting harder to find and a bit more expensive but they are out there.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Supak 1954 Welch beret montage.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	222.1 KB 
ID:	756421   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Supak 1955 Welch beret montage.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	222.8 KB 
ID:	756422  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.