Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

British Army Regimental Rolls, Non-Commissioned Officers and Soldiers - Canada

Article about: British Army Regimental Rolls, Non-Commissioned Officers and Soldiers - Canada John Ovens, attestation date 5 March 1829, place Enniskillen. *Born Inish Macsaint (Parish), Co. Fermanagh. *Tr

Default British Army Regimental Rolls, Non-Commissioned Officers and Soldiers - Canada

British Army Regimental Rolls, Non-Commissioned Officers and Soldiers - Canada

John Ovens, attestation date 5 March 1829, place Enniskillen. *Born Inish Macsaint (Parish), Co. Fermanagh. *Trade: *Labourer. *Age at enlistment: 18. *Height: *5' 10 1/4". *Description: Fresh, Grey eyes, Dr. Bro hair. *Date and cause of becoming Non-Effective: *" (Died) 26 Oct 1835.

Is is possible that an error was made on the regimental roll and John Ovens deserted, rather than died? (Were errors ever made, or were records fairly perfect?)*

Our ancestor was named John Ovens and we believe this is his baptism:

Parish Inishmacsaint baptisms (County Fermanagh)

23 June 1811 - John, son of Wm. Ovens and Elizth (Stinson), Townland: Corclune (Corcloon)

Our John Ovens lived in New Jersey, USA from c1842 to the 1850s, when he settled in Ontario, Canada. *He died in Ontario in 1885. *I have not yet found another John Ovens, born c1811 in Inishmacsaint and I am now wondering if the baptism is*not*for my ancestor.

Note: *There were at least two John Ovens in Fermanagh who were in the military; they are possibly related to our John Ovens.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions/guidance.

ello all it's been a very long time since I posted anything on here. I hope everyone is doing well.
    So this question comes from my mother. She loves to do reshearch for people and our famly. I hoep I have posted in the best section.

Thank you for any help or in site.

bump