Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

dogtag+ pictures

Article about: hey guys , joris here again this time with a question about this dogtag and picture . i got this from a garage sale here in belgium . its a little grouping with the dogtag of a soldier with

Exclamation dogtag+ pictures

hey guys , joris here again this time with a question about this dogtag and picture . i got this from a garage sale here in belgium . its a little grouping with the dogtag of a soldier with pictures from him during the war . most of the picutre he made , wrote to his wife on the back and then send it to his home . its nice to read all the text on the back of every picture. there is also a picture of him with his wife and kid with the year 1953 under so i know he survived the war. with the grouping came also a good conduct medal with box . now all i want to know is a little bit more information about the men . i know some basic details from when he was born , when he joned the army and that stuff but what i want to know is , is he still alive , to find his daughter but what i really want to know is the company or division he was in . there are allot of pictures from him during the war in cologne germany and from Orléans in france . he is from philadelphia pennsylvania so i was thinking maybe he could be in the 28th infantry division because its the home base and because this division fought in cologne ad Orléans i think . if you guys can help me with this or know something more please let me know dogtag+ picturesdogtag+ picturesdogtag+ picturesdogtag+ picturesdogtag+ picturesdogtag+ picturesdogtag+ picturesdogtag+ picturesdogtag+ picturesdogtag+ picturesdogtag+ picturesdogtag+ picturesdogtag+ picturesdogtag+ picturesdogtag+ picturesdogtag+ picturesdogtag+ picturesdogtag+ pictures

greetz joris

Not sure if this will be of any help but here is his enlistment record from the US national archives NARA - AAD - Display Full Records - Electronic Army Serial Number Merged File, ca. 1938 - 1946 (Enlistment Records)

To be honest there is no easy way to find out the regiment, you will have to grind through archives, records etc until you find a match. Which personally i find to be half the fun.

Cheers
    Harry