Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Euro trip, what to see?

Article about: Hi, Me and my mate are planning to drive form Denmark to Normandy(and back), next summer. So far the only thing we got planned is to drive to Normandy and have a look around the beaches but

Smile Euro trip, what to see?

Hi,

Me and my mate are planning to drive form Denmark to Normandy(and back), next summer.
    So far the only thing we got planned is to drive to Normandy and have a look around the beaches but there have got to be something more WW2 related we can see in Germany, France or any of the other countries we will be driving through.

Any ideas?

/Mick

Default Re: Euro trip, what to see?

Hi Mick
    Im hoping to do the same from the UK, firstly I am on GOOGLE looking at WW2 Battlefields & also towns that saw fighting!
    Get yourself a good size map of the areas and start plotting places of interest, then follow that up with places that people recommend.... Just remember, if your going there Relic hunting then you may have to go off the beaten track as these places have been viewed by thousands of people ov the last 60+ years
    Dan

Hi Dan.

Sounds like a good idea I would like to go relic hunting, but we'll see what my mate thinks But ill see if i can get him off the normal sightseeing track

/Mick

Hi Mick

A visit to the Ardennes would be amazing!

Contact forum member LUCKYSTRIKE he will certainly point you in the right direction!!!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Arnhem is well worth seeing.

Cheers, Ade.

Dieppe Beach.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Arnhem is well worth seeing.

Cheers, Ade.

What i would give to visit Arnhem, I keep telling myself i'll get there someday lol. Perhaps when im financially better off. Flights alone these days cost an arm and a leg.

?

One MAJOR thing to remember, and it has been mentioned more than once on various threads in the group, is that actual detecting/digging for relics etc is very strictly governed in a lot of europe, especially in France, Holland and Germany, with heavy fines and confiscation of equipment being common practice. I believe that if you just "find" something on the surface though then you should be OK.

Other than that, as has been said, google, large scale area maps and "going off the beaten track" are good starting points.