Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Help Needed on 825 ArmouredTroops Worshop WW2.

Article about: Hi Guys, A friend of my fathers has asked me if I could find anything out about his fathers WW2 service which he knows virtually nothing about, and his father died back in 1970 leaving this

Default Help Needed on 825 ArmouredTroops Worshop WW2.

Hi Guys,
    A friend of my fathers has asked me if I could find anything out about his fathers WW2 service which he knows virtually nothing about, and his father died back in 1970 leaving this historical gap. The details I have to hand is the name Harry Edwin Dixon Born 17th May 1922 his occupation had been an electrical engineer and he had served with 825 Armoured Troops Workshop during WW2. I have attached some copy pictures of Harry plus two others one of which was presumably taken aboard a tank somewhere in Western Europe WW2. If anyone on the forum can help pointing me in the right directions I can then pass on the information to Harrys son and he would be most grateful for any help as he is not a computer user bless him. I said id try to help so over to you guys and thanks for taking the time to read my post. Cheers Tim Heath.Attachment 906275Attachment 906276Attachment 906277

?

Tim, pass on the same info I posted about your great uncle Alfred. Also as Ade mentioned in your previous post - the war diary will be available at the public record office in Kew.

Tony

The Tank Museum may have some broad info on his unit.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!