Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Help needed finding Royal Navy crew lists

Article about: Hi folks,can anyone point me in the right direction for crew lists of HMS Rodney & HMS Tally-Ho please. Thanks in advance,Stewy S

Default Help needed finding Royal Navy crew lists

Hi folks,can anyone point me in the right direction for crew lists of HMS Rodney & HMS Tally-Ho please. Thanks in advance,Stewy S

OKW
    ?

Default re: Help needed finding Royal Navy crew lists

Stewy from what period? There are Naval personnel records available at Kew, i think you can search for an individual on line. There wouldn't be a specific crew list unless it was for a medal entitlement roll. Each crew member would have had his own record which stated what ships they served upon, coming together to form the crew and then dispersing if the ship was 'paid off', sunk etc. If the record is post about 1921 then its deemed still live and you need to write to the records office but you have to be a close relative or beable to prove death before they will release the information.

Hi Phil,i've got the fellas name. I have a beer with him on Sundays,he's 89! I know for a fact he served on HMS Tally-Ho in the pacific. He was an officer on there. He's told me stuff only a crew member would know. I'm trying to put some stuff together for his birthday,he's interested in my "interest". When i show him my K/Marine awards,he salutes them & says it don't matter who we fought for boy,we were all sailors. Stewy S

OKW
    ?

Stewy, he can apply himself, i.e you get the forms and he signs, not much of a surprise for him but the thought was there. Ade knows where to write, its not Insworth. As the man says all sailors first, their greatest enemy was and still is the sea. If he's an officer it should be pink gin. Phil

He's a brandy or stout man. He has family (5 kids),we know what he did whilst on leave. But they either don't speak to him or arn't interested. I've been looking (& found) pics of the officers of HMS Tally-Ho inc. Captain Bennington,but i can't work out which of the others he is yet. I'm off to the pub tonight & he sometimes pops in,if not tomorrow. I'll let you know how i go. Regards Stewy S

sue71mac
    ?

Default Re: Help needed finding Royal Navy crew lists

Hi, I new to the site and was just wondering if you had any luck tracking down crew lists for the Rodny and Tally Ho because I am looking for them too.

Hi,welcome to the forum. Unfortunately i've been far too busy of late. But now you've reminded me i'll get my finger out. Stewy S

scraig40
    ?

I have no idea how accurate it is and I know it is not complete - as my father served on the Rodney, and he is not listed. But it might help you all in searches, Good hunting friends.

Crew Listing