Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Information required on 2 us army units

Article about: Hi all , after getting so far in my search I havent been able to find any more info on the 2 units . 1. 316th station hospital , stationed at camp stover from 1943 2. 4091st quartermaster se

Default Information required on 2 us army units

Hi all , after getting so far in my search I havent been able to find any more info on the 2 units .
    1. 316th station hospital , stationed at camp stover from 1943
    2. 4091st quartermaster service company , stationed in south brent , devon from 1943 . I live in south Brent so would be nice to find out about these guys , I think they had a base at a place called Ladys wood , which now belongs to dartmoor national trust. Any information however small would be greatly apprecated

Default Re: Information required on 2 us army units

I have also found out that the US Army 149th Engineer combat battalion ( assigned to the 6th engineers special brigade ) was stationed in south brent for a while . I found out that a corporal james woerner ( 32076581 ) wrote in a diary while stationed in south brent . He later went to omaha beach aboard LCI (L) - 92 .

LMcNulty
    ?

Ash--My father was assigned to the Dental Section of the 316th. I visited the US archives last week and copied--electronically several of the interesting records of the 316th to include a unit history from organization to October of 1944. I would be happy to send this to you via email. It will probably be easier to accomplish this via out of band communications. My email address is Lynn.McNulty@verizon.net.

Thanks lynn , email sent to you

First of all some bad news , the buildings that where part of the 316 station hospital where demolished in december 09 , it saddens me to think that all that history is lost forever now .
    On a brighter note I have been in touch with a charity that as got quite alot of relics from the site before it was demolished , unfortunatly not alot of the relics come from the hospital itself but from the polish refugees that moved in afterwards. As we all know the US Army threw large quanties of equipment away , the dump site as never been found . I have had a very long talk with the charity who have permission to enter the site & they are interested in finding the dump site .
    We are hoping that we can get enough interest to recover any relics & we are also hoping to gain permission to erect a memorial to the 316th either on the site or in stover park .

?

Ash good luck that sounds like a great cause. Keep us posted. Gary

Have you seen this? K-State Libraries - University Archives - Lt. Marjorie Honstead exhibit
    Looks Like they've been active in Iraq recently too.

Mike

LizHaren
    ?

Hello Ash, my father served with the 316th Station Hospital. He was a Lieutenant in charge of medical supplies. There's a picture of some of the unit here at this website:

Flickr Photo Download: 316th Station Hospital, Newton Abbott, England

He knew and mentioned (when I was a child) the Majorie Honstead listed in another post.

Liz

Quote by Ash Riding View Post
    Hi all , after getting so far in my search I havent been able to find any more info on the 2 units .
    1. 316th station hospital , stationed at camp stover from 1943
    2. 4091st quartermaster service company , stationed in south brent , devon from 1943 . I live in south Brent so would be nice to find out about these guys , I think they had a base at a place called Ladys wood , which now belongs to dartmoor national trust. Any information however small would be greatly apprecated
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Information required on 2 us army units  

Thanks for that liz