MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Japan Dropped Nuclear Bomb on US During WW2

Article about: According to Indian Schoolbook ..... That got your attention ! Japan dropped a nuclear bomb on the US during WW2, according to an Indian school textbook which is full of howling errors. Pare

?

Another niece of mine was recently given a project at college, re WW2 on the Japanese involvement, she asked for reference books but was told there were very few for her to look at, so yet again i lent her some of my books, when she submitted her essay and references, the teacher who was marking , marked her down as she stated that her references were incorrect, the main crititism was that the Japanese used very few British soldiers to build the Burma Railway and that it was mainly native workers used, my niece took my books into college showed the teacher, who was surprised that she got it so wrong, What chance do these kids have if the teaching staff know very little of modern history themselves, one piece of this teachers "knowledge" was that all Japanese soldiers were Samurai . Something that amazed me just a few weeks ago was that i was doing a show on stage and some younger members of the cast were talking in the dressing room about WW2, about half of them thought that "Inglorious bastards" was a factual film, and these kids were in their mid to late teens, i really do despair at times

Quote by Panzersaurus View Post
    As a former student of "social studies" I can fully vauch for this. It really was hard to follow, especially as a kid. Because they did it in chronological order you ended up with extremely complex concepts such as the war of 1812 being taught to 9 year olds. I don't even remember anything about it from that class. I don't think I knew the combatants of WWII until I got free reign on the Internet in about grade 7 or 8. At least here in Canada we also had various political ideas cast upon us as small children and told that these were facts. Luckily by the time I got to high school I was wiser and much less impressionable than that otherwise my crazy history teacher (who is outlined in my previous post) would have turned me into some sort of communist zealot as he did to some of my classmates.

Incase you can't tell, I really don't like the school system here in Canada.
    We started doing ancient Romans and Medieval Britain and then went back and forth from thous we are now doing The history of medicine we now have to do a project about it and I'm like WHY
    (I am in my early teens)

?

I used to live in Japan.
    I had a common joke with my Japanese friend Yuji.
    I would wind him up and he would say "remember pearl harbor".
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japan Dropped Nuclear Bomb on US During WW2  

Quote by StefanM View Post
    Modern history is not taboo in the National curriculum in England.

The National Curriculum in England includes both ancient and modern history. Within that curriculum is a level of choice given to schools as to which non-statuary areas are studied. One school might choose to study the Battle of Britain another Anglo-Saxon laws and justice.

Included in the statuary element; "...at least one study of a significant society or issue in world history and its interconnections with other world developments [for example, Mughal India 1526-1857; China’s Qing dynasty 1644-1911; Changing Russian empires c.1800-1989; USA in the 20th century]".

Below is a link to current DoE history curriculum:

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ammes-of-study
    Fascinating. We have a different approach in the US: COVER EVERYTHING for 30 seconds.

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    Still never heard a French man say the wars were won by them.
    Having spent most of my life over there and done my education in Bayeux and in Caen.
    chris
    Give them time.....

French rewrite Battle of Waterloo to cast Napoleon as the victor - Telegraph

Next week: How the French knights routed the English archers at Agincourt.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4