Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Late Fathers service record need help

Article about: My late father passed away long time ago and I was Adiminstrator of his estate and I like to find his service records. I know from the few times he did speak about his youth, he was on the U

?

Default Late Fathers service record need help

My late father passed away long time ago and I was Adiminstrator of his estate and I like to find his service records. I know from the few times he did speak about his youth, he was on the USS Iowa during the Korean war, (Navy) then some time with Army and the Merchant Marines. He was born and raised in a poor coal mining town Welch West Virgina and actually served under age until my grandmother reported him. My father wanted too see the world serve his country and not be a coal miner like his father. There's an interesting story behind his time on the USS Iowa my father said: He learned Korean during his service and wound up translating all the Korean prisoners aboard. (Until grandma reported him).His name : Paul Dean Wallace Sr. could someone please direct me where to seek his service records? The only thing he left me was a NCO's sword ? and a few memories and I'd like to know more about his youth in the service.
    Thank you
    D.Wallace

Default Re: Late Fathers service record need help

Hi-You might want to try this site for a start:

Military Genealogy & Ancestor Search | Archives.com

?

Default Re: Late Fathers service record need help

Wow that was fast !!! Thank you very much I'll give it a try ..
    Darr57