MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

looking to figure out some stuff about a vet

Article about: i just got this military trunk and it has the name of a 2nd LT on it and im trying to date the trunk and find some stuff out about him all i want to know is the years he served and if possib

Default looking to figure out some stuff about a vet

i just got this military trunk and it has the name of a 2nd LT on it and im trying to date the trunk and find some stuff out about him all i want to know is the years he served and if possible what branch and unit his name and serial number is 2nd LT leon n satenstein 0-1326341

thanks for any help

Default Re: looking to figure out some stuff about a vet

The records I located say that Leon N. Satenstein was born 1917 and resided in Middlesex, Mass. at the time of his enlistment in the reserve corps. He enlisted in Boston in 1942, had 2 years of college and this was noted on his record "Reserves - exclusive of Regular Army Reserve and Officers of the Officers Reserve Corps on active duty under the Thomason Act (Officers and Enlisted Men -- O.R.C. and E.R.C., and Nurses-Reserve Status)" I wish I had more info for you but I hope this helps. Do you have anything else but the trunk that might tell us his unit?