Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

looking for information on the US 6th Armoured Division advance toward Brest!

Article about: Hello all, My parents regularly visit Brittany and stay near the village of Huelgoat. I will be visiting the area myself soon and would really like to get a good understanding of events that

Default looking for information on the US 6th Armoured Division advance toward Brest!

Hello all,

My parents regularly visit Brittany and stay near the village of Huelgoat. I will be visiting the area myself soon and would really like to get a good understanding of events that took place in that region and particularly the village of Huelgoat itself.

What I know so far is that the US 6th Armoured Division cleared the village of Huelgoat on the 6th of August 44 during their advance on Brest. I have also heard of fighting between German forces and the French Resistance within the Huelgoat forest.

Can anybody point me in the right direction toward detailed information/personal accounts/maps etc of combat that took place within this area and up to Brest? If anyone can help I would be most grateful!

Many Thanks,

Ash

?

Default Re: looking for information on the US 6th Armoured Division advance toward Brest!