Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Malayan Insurgency

Article about: My late mother served in Malaya during 1948-52 but though entitled to a service award was never issued her General Service Medal with Malaya bar, so in 2000 I helped her apply to the MoD and

Default Malayan Insurgency

My late mother served in Malaya during 1948-52 but though entitled to a service award was never issued her General Service Medal with Malaya bar, so in 2000 I helped her apply to the MoD and a couple of months later she proudly received it. I inherited the awards when she died. I am not sure how many British servicewomen were serving in Malaya during the Emergency?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Malayan Insurgency   Malayan Insurgency  

I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

There cannot have been many women entitled to this award. Not sure how many members of the WRAC were there?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    There cannot have been many women entitled to this award. Not sure how many members of the WRAC were there?

Cheers, Ade.
    I agree Ade.

I assume that my mother must have gone out to Malaya in the Auxiliary Territorial Service (ATS) in 1948 which later became the Women's Royal Army Corps (WRAC) in Feb 1949?

For anyone interested: Women's Royal Army Corps (WRAC) association website
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

She sounds like a good lady!!!

Terry