Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Medals for underage service

Article about: Hi guys, I have a thead going about info on my pops war info and had some great help and really appreciate it but i need help on another subject. I just found out he lied on his enlistment p

Default Medals for underage service

Hi guys,

I have a thead going about info on my pops war info and had some great help and really appreciate it but i need help on another subject.

I just found out he lied on his enlistment papers to join the army janurary 1942. He said he was 18. During the bombing of Darwin which im sure he was up there , his mum rang, dobbed him in and he was discharged 7 months later.

I looked up his real birthdate on later army enlistment and its 24 / 1 / 1928

He was 14yrs old when he joing up haha Gee thats young to be in the 116th Light Anti Aircraft Battery...

Im pretty sure he is entitled to a medal or 2 for more then 6 months service. This is one im thinking of

But seeing as though he was under age and lied would of he still been able to get it?
    I will still apply and see how i go but anyone with info i would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Default Re: Medals for underage service

Interesting situation. I have never really heard of someone getting awards after being discharged like this?

Keep us posted.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Re: Medals for underage service

Thanks Adrian, i just rang the Dept of defence Honours and medals dept and explained it to them they said to submit the forms and he may still get a medal. I will keep you posted on the outcome