Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

The mystery of 14,000 dog tags.

Article about: Mystery as 14,000 Second World War dog tags found buried in field The Telegraph The Telegraph By Harry Yorke A relic hunter’s groundbreaking discovery could see thousands of families finally

He has been flogging these on eBay for years. The same guy who was done for heritage crime.

An interesting read in regard to his arrest. The image shows him with a H&K MP5, which is clearly not a WWII relic. I don't know how much there could have been beyond the old munitions as any firearms would likely be unserviceable after nearly eight decades in the ground. Based solely on the fact that three years later he is not in prison would lead me to believe his crimes weren't nearly as bad as the article seemed to imply. Interesting nonetheless. Even a seemingly positive story has a clouded past. Unfortunate.

The round ones are identical to the ones I was issued with prior to a tour in Belize in 1986

?

Looks like another Walter !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by robin morley View Post
    The round ones are identical to the ones I was issued with prior to a tour in Belize in 1986
    Exactly. Recycling an old story (that he had found these years ago and has been flogging them as WW2). But if you look at them they are most likely post war anyway.

Quote by kc1 View Post
    I thought i.d tags were the green and red fibre types. i dont have access but has cwgc site been checked for possible deaths and these tags were on returned casualty possessions?
    another possibility being stanstead i believe a ww2 airbase is wounded being flown back into u.k and their personal possessions being kept in a secure place by a medical facility?
    Yes, wartime ID discs were fibre type. I am not exactly sure when the steel discs were introduced but looking at the regimental numbers in the pictures I believe they are all post war national service period ie 8 digits and begining with 220, 221 or 222. I enlisted in 1975 and my number began 243.

ID discs are worn on ops not in peacetime base locations and are never removed from wounded personnel only from the dead or, more to the point in this case I feel, handed back for disposal when a soldier is discharged. National service troops were discharged in droves every few months so there would be many large quantities of discs just like this that were destined for scrap. I think this is one such batch that somehow was never destroyed for whatever reason.

If this isn't enough just have a look at the picture of this idiot in combat gear with a Bugs Bunny on the sleeve and clutching an HK. Anyone who has ever been close enough to the Army to taste the gun oil will instantly recognise a Mega "Walt" here!

Nuf said

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

This guy is now sending out e mails to every one he can asking for money via crowdfunding to help finance him tracing the owners , looks like a scam to me !

4,000 Dog-tags... I need help in returning them and you can make a difference

Hi all, firstly you maybe thinking what the hell is this, or my god I haven’t heard from him in years. Apologies, for the first time in my life I am trying to raise some money for a good cause. If you haven’t seen my on the TV, news or in a newspaper recently then I think you have probably been in a cave.

For the quick version, check my website www.extremerelichunters.com/fadt

Then to do the important part of send me any spare few quid you have for this monumental task, please go to our crowdfunder site at Forgotten Army - dog-tags project, a Heritage Crowdfunding Project in Stansted, Essex on Crowdfunder
    Any amount, no matter how small will really and be used to make someone very happy.

If you can’t spare money, could I ask that you do something cost free to help, please could you share the story and link on Facebook. It will all help

Thank you in advance and apologies if you are the gas-man or some other random person who is now totally confused.

Dan Mackay
    Extreme Relic Hunters

Anyone care to donate to this worthy cause ??

- - ------- - -

Any amount, no matter how small will really and be used to make someone very happy.

Wonder who the Happy person will be !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul D View Post
    This guy is now sending out e mails to every one he can asking for money via crowdfunding to help finance him tracing the owners , looks like a scam to me !

4,000 Dog-tags... I need help in returning them and you can make a difference

Hi all, firstly you maybe thinking what the hell is this, or my god I haven’t heard from him in years. Apologies, for the first time in my life I am trying to raise some money for a good cause. If you haven’t seen my on the TV, news or in a newspaper recently then I think you have probably been in a cave.

For the quick version, check my website www.extremerelichunters.com/fadt

Then to do the important part of send me any spare few quid you have for this monumental task, please go to our crowdfunder site at Forgotten Army - dog-tags project, a Heritage Crowdfunding Project in Stansted, Essex on Crowdfunder

If you can’t spare money, could I ask that you do something cost free to help, please could you share the story and link on Facebook. It will all help

Thank you in advance and apologies if you are the gas-man or some other random person who is now totally confused.

Dan Mackay
    Extreme Relic Hunters

Anyone care to donate to this worthy cause ??

- - ------- - -

Wonder who the Happy person will be !!
    Wow, what an obnoxious tw*t.

Well, this seemed like a decent story when I found it, but it appears to be "fake positive news"! Another scam artist.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast