Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Navy Dog Tag

Article about: I bought this a while ago and I know nothing about this guy, but for now he's a highly decorated hero in my mind. I've hadn't had much luck with researching this guy. If anyone could provide

Default Navy Dog Tag

I bought this a while ago and I know nothing about this guy, but for now he's a highly decorated hero in my mind. I've hadn't had much luck with researching this guy. If anyone could provide help or info, it would extremely be appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Navy Dog Tag  

Default Re: Navy Dog Tag

Here is an article which may be about the person you seek.
    Bucks Veterans Dedicate World War Ii Monument * They Implore The Nation Not To Forget Horrors Of War And Not To Risk Repeating Them. - Morning Call

"Stevens, 82, of Quakertown was involved in seven naval engagements and four invasions while a first-class motor machinist in the Navy in World War II."

Wow!!! This is great, this man lives within an hours drive of where I live. Thank you very much Roger!

He served on the USS LSM-219 from ealry 44 to late 45 from what I can see on the muster rolls. LSM stands for landing ship medium used for landing troops during an amphibious invasion. LSM-219 participated in various campaigns in the Philippines, I have added a link with a good history on the ship. Also, found a great pic of the ship! Hope that helps.

Name: Winfield R Stevens
    Ship, Station or Activity: LSM 219
    Ship Number or Designation: LSM 219
    Muster Date: 31 Mar 1945

Landing Ship Medium LSM

Regards,
    Andrew
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Navy Dog Tag