Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need help PFC Kramer

Article about: Hello Everyone: I don't think this is the right thread but I'm looking for some more info on my uncle. His name was Raymond Eugene Kramer. 46 years ago, a man by the name of PFC. Raymond Kra

Default Need help PFC Kramer

Hello Everyone:

I don't think this is the right thread but I'm looking for some more info on my uncle.
    His name was Raymond Eugene Kramer.

46 years ago, a man by the name of PFC. Raymond Kramer was killed in action toward the end of the Tet Offensive in South Vietnam. He was born December 31, 1946 in the small North Dakota town of New Salem. Ray was drafted into the US Army and started to serve as an Infantryman in Vietnam on 07/09/1967 ( At the age of 20). Ray served with C TRP, 1ST Sqdrn, 4th Cavalry, 1st Infantry Division. He was killed during an engagement around An My, about 4 kilometers northwest of the Phu Loi airfield. Although 232 VC dead were found on the battlefields, 17 US soldiers were killed and a number of others wounded.

I'm looking for more information to make a mock uniform for him and anything about the unit he was in during his time in Vietnam. If anyone can help me out, that would be great.

Thanks!
    Cody
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help PFC Kramer  

Anyone got any connections? or thoughts?

?

A quick search yielded this about D Troop, it is a decent starting place. I look more as time allows.

Vietnam Helicopter insignia and artifacts - D Troop, 1st Squadron, 4th Cavalry Regiment

Others with action and after action reports
    Quarterhorse in Vietnam

Battles
    QuarterHorse Bulletin Board
    Regards,
    John