Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

new estate find

Article about: more..this is ww1 paper.

?

Default Re: new estate find

more..this is ww1 paper.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture new estate find   new estate find  

new estate find  
    Last edited by pammy; 04-17-2011 at 06:07 PM.

?

i realy like this...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture new estate find  

Wow, Love the crew photo! Is there anything written on the back?
    crew names, Squdron, bomb group etc.....
    LoL, more info please......

?

As always great finds pammy

?

hi guys,very nice to here from you ! hope everything is going good for you? i will check the back of that one as the other one i could see right threw the picture there was writting.yeah,i have to wait to post any new pictures as my chip in my camera broke into 3 peices ...i guess it was well used.any idea of any value on anything i posted? i thought maybe the ww1 post cards were worth a few ? the hanky is very nice with the eagle and all very well made. dont know anything abought paper but there sure is a bunch of history in there as i read a few of the field post that were in the group and the one guy was a navy guy as he talks abought the pacific and the japanese ..i will post a few as its very neat..thanks and nice to here from you!!

Pammy,

The letter signed by J. Edgar Hoover is a desirable piece. A letter like that on FBI headed paper is at least $500 retail, possibly a lot more considering it mentioning La Guardia who had been made the first director of the Office of Civilian Defence (OCD) on entering the war in December 1941 by President Roosevelt. Worth looking into!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

thanks so much ned ! yeah,i was thinking abought breaking up the group into 3 groups as there are one group of ww1 items ,then the maxwell navy guy,and the one guy in the flight picture as there are some things from him..thanks abought the letter as i will check into it as i hope /wish i could get close to that as i realy need the help ! thanks so much as thats a big help .i did not know that abought the letter.thanks so much as that is realy neat ! take care ned and again thanks for helping me out !
    Last edited by pammy; 04-17-2011 at 08:38 PM.

?

my camera is down for a few days but i found on the back of the flight crew it says (crew of b-24 bomber based in england-1944

?

found a few more things i have to get to the store. to get a new camera card/chip..

LOL, We will be waiting..................

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast