MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Only things i have left of my Grandfather , that wasn't lost in the flood of 1972 on the east coast..

Article about: This modest grouping is all i have left of my Grandfather. I still do not know if he was ground crew or flight crew......there was a photo of him in front of the Sphinx , wish i had that!!!

?

Default Only things i have left of my Grandfather , that wasn't lost in the flood of 1972 on the east coast..

This modest grouping is all i have left of my Grandfather. I still do not know if he was ground crew or flight crew......there was a photo of him in front of the Sphinx , wish i had that!!! I do know that when he got out of the war, he was a Sgt. Enjoy guys!

His name was

Wayne Clarence Doran
    10 A.A.F.
    81st squadron
    12th Bomb group
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Only things i have left of my Grandfather , that wasn't lost in the flood of 1972 on the east coast..  

Default Re: Only things i have left of my Grandfather , that wasn't lost in the flood of 1972 on the east coast..

That's awesome, Josh!

While you wish you had more, consider yourself lucky!

I don't have anything from my grandfather... and only a photo of my great grandfather on my mother's side!

?

Default Re: Only things i have left of my Grandfather , that wasn't lost in the flood of 1972 on the east coast..

Great grouping! The things that I have from my grandfather, even though they are not military related, are held near and dear to my heart. You are lucky to have them and they are lucky to have a good home!

They are very special Josh, hold on to them and take care of them.
    I would also suggest what I have been doing, scanning all photos and anything else that will fit into the scanner and sharing them with whoever in the family that is interested.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Looks great! Sorry to hear you lost some of his things.