Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

rare rudders rangers footage!!!

Article about: Rare footage of Rudders 2nd Rangers rehearsing at the Bridport Sands cliffs at Burton Bradstock in april 1944.the film is only 8 minutes long and the original is held at the I.W.M.two ranger

Default rare rudders rangers footage!!!

Rare footage of Rudders 2nd Rangers rehearsing at the Bridport Sands cliffs at Burton Bradstock in april 1944.the film is only 8 minutes long and the original is held at the I.W.M.two rangers lost there lives falling during these exercises and are buried in the Burton Bradstock churchyard.so please enjoy this fasinating rare video.......Jake.update have also added the only five still pics also taken during the same excercise.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture rare rudders rangers footage!!!   rare rudders rangers footage!!!  

rare rudders rangers footage!!!   rare rudders rangers footage!!!  

rare rudders rangers footage!!!  

Default Re: rare rudders rangers footage!!!

Well done Jakey, it was worth all the ball aching in the end.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

This is a very good video.
    Interesting informations.
    thank you for showing it.
    chris

Im glad you boys have good taste,thank you for the positive comments......Jake.

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Im glad you boys have good taste,thank you for the positive comments......Jake.
    I just love those crips.
    chris

I had you in mind Chris when I stumbled across the video I knew you would appreciate it like me.......Jake.

Thank you for posting. My first thoughts were, "How about them dudes who had to stand there and hold the ladder!' And under enemy fire. Brave and heroes till the end.

I would have thought being at the base tight against the cliff face you were most safest it was the ones going over at the top that took all the hits...as you say brave and courageous bastards hence why the losses were so high.......Jake.

Cookler
    ?

I am having difficulty viewing the film in any browser but would love to as this is personal to me. My Grandfather served as Rudder's OS-2 (Intel Officer) and his name was Harvey J Cook. I remember him, before he passed, talking about the training and pre for D day and would like to see if I can find him in the footage. Any advice, or another link to the footage would be great. Thanks, Chris Cook