Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Research(videogame) for British Army Field NCOs

Article about: Hello, I was wondering if anyone could assist me in the research of British Uniforms during combat. Its for a game character suggestion. I'm not a dev or anything but I'm researching for com

Default Research(videogame) for British Army Field NCOs

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could assist me in the research of British Uniforms during combat. Its for a game character suggestion. I'm not a dev or anything but I'm researching for combat officer uniforms.

I want to know if British Army NCOs would wear GS caps into battle. Most of my research through google usually turns to commands or airborne berets but I'm looking for something that British army officers would wear the most aside from the helmets. I would appreciate photo evidence too or some sources.

Hi Matt, I would not expect British NCO's to be wearing anything other than helmets in battle.

Is the situation that you need the NCO's to stand out from the men for the purposes of the game? If so fair enough, but I dont think it would be historically accurate as NCO's are likely to be dressed very similarly to Private soldiers, though NCo's were often armed with a sub machine gun.

If you are looking for a different item of head gear it would be important to consider which branch or regiment the NCO might belong too, as of course different types of berets and caps were worn by different regiments.

Yeah purpose of the research is to introduce uniform customization for the game. Helmets are good enough but something to help separate officers from the infantry would be good too. The game is not exactly realism, more like realism mixed with arcade so theres room for inaccuracies.

So I'm just looking around for something that might be acceptable combat headgear that officers would wear and I noticed this GS cap was standard issue. Maybe it might be the equivalent of the german field cap?

Research(videogame) for British Army Field NCOs

Based on what you have said a general service cap would be fine, bearing in mind these are late war issue and yes they are equivalent to the german field cap or late war einheitsfeldmutze.