Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Researching an Unknown Relative! Air Corp

Article about: To make a long story short, I have a distant cousin (same last name) who owns a restaurant and pizzeria. I try not to be that relative who always shows up to his restaurant asking for a hand

Default Researching an Unknown Relative! Air Corp

To make a long story short, I have a distant cousin (same last name) who owns a restaurant and pizzeria. I try not to be that relative who always shows up to his restaurant asking for a hand-out, so I rarely go there (although his restaurant is very popular in our area and the food is great!).

The other day, I was in the area and decided to stop by for a quick bite. Without announcing to his staff that I am a relative, I bought a slice of pizza and was paying and about to leave. Above the register I spotted this photo:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	downsized_0802121232.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	394395

I just had to ask about the photo, so I asked if my cousin was available. He came out of the kitchen and we were able to catch up with each other a little. I asked him about the photo and he said his grandfather is sitting in the center of the photo. He was also kind enough to give me a copy of the photo. Unfortunately, he knows nothing about his grandfather's time in the service.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	downsized_08021212321.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	394396

Would anyone be able to help me find out more about this unknown relative of mine? His name is: Sam Rosario Trocino.

Here is his partial service record: NARA - AAD - Display Full Records - Electronic Army Serial Number Merged File, ca. 1938 - 1946 (Enlistment Records)

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR TIME AND CONSIDERATION!

Default Re: Researching an Unknown Relative! Air Corp

Any help?

A flight mechanic perhaps?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    A flight mechanic perhaps?
    That's what I assumed, but I'd like to know as many specifics as possible. What unit, where he served, etc.

I wish you luck on finding out more, there was a fire at the St. Louis VA records building in 1973 that destroyed some 16 million service records. I have my grandfathers service number aswell, but it does no good as the file does not exist anymore.

Quote by sunsetIE View Post
    I wish you luck on finding out more, there was a fire at the St. Louis VA records building in 1973 that destroyed some 16 million service records. I have my grandfathers service number aswell, but it does no good as the file does not exist anymore.
    Thanks for the kind words! I really don't know where to go on from here...