Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

RKO Radioactive Pictures Presents!

Article about: A-Bomb Blast Effects (1959) - YouTube I've only ever seen a few seconds of this footage in various documentaries but OMG that’s real A Bomb there playing with, apparently all of the marines

?

Default RKO Radioactive Pictures Presents!

A-Bomb Blast Effects (1959) - YouTube

I've only ever seen a few seconds of this footage in various documentaries but OMG that’s real A Bomb there playing with, apparently all of the marines die of cancer related illness (No surprise), which was probably part of the reason for doing the test, I.E. uncle Sam cooks its soldiers and see's how many years the live after the tests etc, the tape around the ankles really got me LOL! What protection was that supposed to give, only heaven knows, and what about the poor guys lungs, and its not as if the U.S. Government didn’t know about the effects of radiation and fallout by the late 1940’s early 1950’s. I wonder if there relation ever gone any compensation some how I suspect not.

Nige.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

?

Default Re: RKO Radioactive Pictures Presents!

In my mind its a disgusting disregard for the safety of soldiers, no matter what country, but it seems that since America were the main exponent of the Atomic testing era, i think the government of that time should have been condemned for their lack of foresight, they knew the effects after Hiroshima and Nagasaki and yet they still went ahead and risked the lives of hundreds of young men, some of whom were vets from the last war, but its very conspicuous in the fact that you dont see any very senior officers in the field at that time walkng towards a lifetime of ill health and cancer related illnesses, it was ignorance in the extreme especially as the chances of passing down a cancer gene for future generations would be highly likely, another point that may or may not be relevant is, all those weapons that were carried into the fallout areas, how many of them survive today, how many collectors have even bothered to test their weapons for radioactivity levels,makes you wonder doesnt it