Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Skull Adelson - Lt USAAF

Article about: This request is for a friend who is looking at this jacket. Trying to find anything on this gentleman. And not even sure if "Skull" is a name or a nickname. Story is he was a pilot

MAP
    ?

Default Skull Adelson - Lt USAAF

This request is for a friend who is looking at this jacket.

Trying to find anything on this gentleman. And not even sure if "Skull" is a name or a nickname. Story is he was a pilot and was shot down 3 times (so we would assume a fighter pilot but no way to know for sure).

Not sure when the tags were added either but it was sourced directly from the family.

Any help in digging up anything on this Vet would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Michael

Skull Adelson - Lt USAAF
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Default Maybe it is "Horace J." maybe it isn't.

Greetings Michael,

Yes, a tad late, but I didn't find him the first time I checked when this was first posted. Today, I decided to give it another shot. There was only one LT. Adelson listed as in the USAAF during WWII. He at times is listed as a 2LT and as a 1LT. In short, the LT. Adelson I found, died in a aerial collision over Wright Field on July 9, 1943 (accident incident listed here ASN Aircraft accident Douglas C-54-DO (DC-4) 41-37271 Dayton-Wright Patterson AFB, OH (FFO)) and I'm not quite sure, which aircraft he was actually in. His full name was Horace J. Adelson. Attached, are the few records, which I could find. BTW, Wright Field is now known as the Wright-Patterson Air Force Base located in Ohio.

Of course, you mentioned this jacket being obtained from the family. If they or their relatives have no New York State's connection (his home of record), this jacket may be from another "Adelson" however, only Horace J. shows up in any of the records that I have viewed.

Best,

V/r Lance

Skull Adelson - Lt USAAFSkull Adelson - Lt USAAF