Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Stalag IV-G /IVB Allied Prisoner of War work party list?

Article about: I recently purchased this from Ebay It is a list of names written on the rear of a Luftwaffe map (covering Isfahan, Iran dated 1941) The names include 11 British, 3 Dutch, 2 Serbs, 1 America

Default Stalag IV-G /IVB Allied Prisoner of War work party list?

I recently purchased this from Ebay

It is a list of names written on the rear of a Luftwaffe map (covering Isfahan, Iran dated 1941)
    The names include 11 British, 3 Dutch, 2 Serbs, 1 American and 1 Pole.
    The seller included print outs from Ancestry.com of the British names identifying many of them as P.o.W's (their d.o.b and P.o.W numbers match)

Ancestry.com shows the British as being held at Stalag IV-G which was a transit camp

Stalag IV-G - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Below is a copy of the Red Cross report

Stalag IVG

The list, however, reads IVB

Stalag IV-B - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Stalag IVB

The Pole, Stanislar KIETBASA(?) is recorded as camp XIIA

Stalag XIIA

The camps all appear to be in and around the same area and provided prisoners for work parties or 'Kommandos'

The ink handwriting appears 'Germanic' in my opinion (the pencil is obviously German). The pencil writing in the top right, although difficult to decipher, appears to show the break down of the prisoners - 18 prisoners in total, 12 British and the Pole, 1 American, 2 Serbs, 3 Dutch.

Thus, I believe that this is a list/register of Prisoners of War who have been put on a work party.

I am still researching it, however, if anybody has anything to add or believes that it relates to something else please let me know.

Default Re: Stalag IV-G /IVB Allied Prisoner of War work party list?

The list
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalag IV-G /IVB Allied Prisoner of War work party list?   Stalag IV-G /IVB Allied Prisoner of War work party list?  

Stalag IV-G /IVB Allied Prisoner of War work party list?   Stalag IV-G /IVB Allied Prisoner of War work party list?  

Stalag IV-G /IVB Allied Prisoner of War work party list?   Stalag IV-G /IVB Allied Prisoner of War work party list?  

Very interesting Grimebox! The script lettering looks to be authentic. Rare to see this!! Cool, find!! Larry

What a great little item.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Wow...now That is an awesome piece of History! I Like it!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks for the comments. I recently found out that the Polish name is actually KIEŁBASA, which is Polish for 'sausage'! I initially thought that he had given a false name to the Germans, however, it appears that there are a lot pf people out there with the surname KIEŁBASA and quite a few named Stanisław. Unfortunately I have not been able to find the Stanisław KIEŁBASA with the date of birth of 8.5.22 (There is one of a similar age who appears to have lived in the US and another one who appears to have been tortured and killed in the 1950's for being an anti-communist)

Quote:
    "Thus, I believe that this is a list/register of Prisoners of War who have been put on a work party."

That's right. In the left above it says Kdo Böhrigen. Kdo means kommando, in this case most probably an Arbeit Kommando, and Böhrigen is a place in Germany if I googled it right.
    Very nice list!!

Quote by dutch guy View Post
    Quote:
    "Thus, I believe that this is a list/register of Prisoners of War who have been put on a work party."

That's right. In the left above it says Kdo Böhrigen. Kdo means kommando, in this case most probably an Arbeit Kommando, and Böhrigen is a place in Germany if I googled it right.
    Very nice list!!
    Many thanks - I hadn't even looked at Kdo Böhrigen (I was too busy looking at the names!)

Bron
    ?

I have a silver trinket box if u will-dated 17-6-1944, I have a POW # on it and I cannot find anything on this CPL and where he came from and what happend to him-any ideas? Pls help? Thanx

- - Updated - -

I have a silver trinket box if u will-dated 17-6-1944, I have a POW # on it Stalag IV-B and I cannot find anything on this CPL and where he came from and what happend to him-any ideas? Pls help? Thanx

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast