Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

US artifacts,you can find today

Article about: Found these walking creeks and fields in Iowa,neat hobby,great exercise too.These have not been touched since the Native American made them hundreds of years ago.Spear points ,arrow heads an

Default US artifacts,you can find today

Found these walking creeks and fields in Iowa,neat hobby,great exercise too.These have not been touched since the Native American made them hundreds of years ago.Spear points ,arrow heads and some smaller bird points.You can still find these in about any state if you know where to look.Have piles of tools, hide scrapers,grinding stones etc. in my rock garden.Do any of you guys Indian artifact hunt in your state?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US artifacts,you can find today   US artifacts,you can find today  

MAP
    ?

I always look on our vacation property in the Catskill mountains but never found anything. But we do find sea shell fossils from the Devonian era.

But would much rather find just ONE arrow head
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks Map!They are there,after a good rain,when the creeks and ditches go down,these wash up,bet there are some there.Most people don't look for them,I have walked 2 miles just to find one,and sometimes walk 100 yards and find 2.Here are some grinding stones they used to grind corn,you can see they are hand made as natural rocks don't come out this perfectly round.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US artifacts,you can find today   US artifacts,you can find today  

MAP
    ?

I've looked for 25 years....nada...nothing. Maybe our property was not prime hunting land back then
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I've got a handful of arrowheads that I found as a kid out in Wyoming and Montana.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Map,yeah maybe they didnt have many Indian camps in your area,but some of the points and tools you find can date back to the stone age..Come out to Iowa sometime and I will take you artifact hunting,garantee you will find something.Greg that's great,good area to find them,bet you treasure your finds,,I do ,and can remember every point I found,nothing like seeing a spearhead or arrowhead lying there in front of you untouched for hundreds of years.This is almost 2019 but am still finding these.The native americans lived here a lot longer than we have and there are hundreds of thousands of arrowheads and tools yet to be discovered.I plan on hitting the creeks hard this spring after a big rain,its like starting anew.You never know what will wash out of the ground.