Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Visiting Former POW Camp Today

Article about: I thought it'd be kinda neat to prowl a former POW camp today and since Texas had more POW camps than any other state ( the Geneva convention stated that a prisoner has to be interned/impris

Default Visiting Former POW Camp Today

I thought it'd be kinda neat to prowl a former POW camp today and since Texas had more POW camps than any other state ( the Geneva convention stated that a prisoner has to be interned/imprisoned in weather such as he was captured in....and Texas has it all, insofar as weather tropics,desert,mountains, and lowlands) I have a former camp within an hour of where I live so my son and I are going to go on a minitrip this afternoon and see what Camp Fannin has to yield. We're taking my son's newest toy and his new metal detector and just doing some father/son bonding. I'll let you know if we dig up anything. Here's some pictures of his new toy he's worked like a maniac on it for the last month..............I drive a BMW, we'll see how my body reacts to this bruiser, it does have air conditioning tho.Later.
    Ramon
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Visiting Former POW Camp Today   Visiting Former POW Camp Today  

Visiting Former POW Camp Today  

?

Nice toy.

Went to pick up my buddy Bruce and got caught by a torrential rainstorm that put us in a bar waiting for the storm to pass..........still waiting 4 hours later, maybe soon. Sorry.

Yeah, my son makes his spending money with this "toy" it's built to pull mudders out of creeks, bogs, and fields.actually pulled an 18 wheeler out of a ditch last ice storm we had. It will rattle your teeth out in a mud field tho'

MAP
    ?

still waiting??
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    still waiting??
    Map, How are you ? .... yeah, we're gonna wait til' a better day comes along. We're under a drought issue presently but you couldn't prove it in my neighborhood, I can't get out to mow in my tractor cause cause there are low places in my yard (15 acres) where my tractor sinks in the mud. I intend to go to the POW camp as soon as my son can get off on a weekend, the closest POW camp is about 65 miles from my home and there are several others within driving distance, one intrigues me in that many German POWs built several buildings that are still standing, Mother Neff State Park in McGregor Texas about 5 hours or so SSW of here. We'll see.