Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Who should i contact ,remains ?

Article about: Hi. Need some help with whom to contact regarding human remains of aircrew members from B-17 bomber in Europe. Thanks.

Default Who should i contact ,remains ?

Hi. Need some help with whom to contact regarding human remains of aircrew members from B-17 bomber in Europe.

Thanks.

Go to your local police. They will know what organisation takes care of war time human remains.

You don't state where the remains are, so I can not be more helpfull.

My advice: leave them alone. Your interfering might disturb the ground and so lessen the chances of identification.

Cheers,
    Emile

Quote by emileverbunt View Post
    Go to your local police. They will know what organisation takes care of war time human remains.

You don't state where the remains are, so I can not be more helpfull.

My advice: leave them alone. Your interfering might disturb the ground and so lessen the chances of identification.

Cheers,
    Emile
    Indeed so!...

?

The first thing to do is dont publicise where it is to anyone outside of your group, or you will have scores of scavengers looking for relics, you then need to contact local police, US embassy,and only tell them the location, remember that its not only the remains that concern the authorites, there may be weapons, bombs and ammunitions on board or scattered around or just under the surface, also , if the land is owned by a farmer, warn them as well and if possible take numerous photos of the site, any remains and aircraft parts and serial numbers if seen, these will help with the ID and also if things start to go missing

?

Lasse i gatan, I don't need to know your exact location but where in Europe(Country). There were many B17's assigned to that area and knowing Where we would be able to tell what US Army Air Force would have been lost in that area. My Uncle's B17 was shot down during a mission to Schweinfurt Germany. 3 members went down with it. He was with the 8th AF 384th BG. I research these events and would be interested to know. But like was already mentioned these remains need to be treated with GREAT RESPECT and reported to the proper authorities
    Semper Fi
    Phil

i currently in contact with DPAA. I think i t will work out. Thanks for answers.