Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Assmann HJ's Kriegsmetall

Article about: A trio of what I suppose is the final type (by material) of the HJ, insofar as injection moulded "kriegsmetall", the latter which is essentially a zinc based alloy. These buckles w

Default Assmann HJ's Kriegsmetall

A trio of what I suppose is the final type (by material) of the HJ, insofar as injection moulded "kriegsmetall", the latter which is essentially a zinc based alloy. These buckles were often painted or lacquered silver, silver/grey etc., however the chemical make up of the alloy soon caused this finish to disappear. On very rare occasions, kriegsmetall buckles are seen with their original paint or lacquer finish intact.

Perhaps some of you can guess that I am still looking for the "missing" batch number to complete the group of 4. They are out there, although for some very odd reason, they are the devils own to find.

Regards,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Assmann HJ's Kriegsmetall
    P
    Many

Default Re: Assmann HJ's Kriegsmetall

Three super buckles David. What I find interesting is the quality of the buckles compared to other makers late war buckles. It seems that even in the later stages of the war and with materials in short supply Assmann still tried to maintain their standards. Thanks for showing them and you never know the evasive No 4 may even appear!
    Ben

Thought I'd share my example for the the thread

-Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images Assmann HJ's Kriegsmetall  Assmann HJ's Kriegsmetall 

Thankyou Adam. As having been previously mentioned, it is a super example and especially so when compared to my No. 2 !!

Regards,

David