Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

DJ Belt & Buckle opinions needed please

Article about: Hi guys,here we have a DJ belt and buckle but, i'm not 100% sure about the buckle has i have not seen this style of retaining clasp before.Any thoughts would be appreciated....Thanks Rob

Default DJ Belt & Buckle opinions needed please

Hi guys,here we have a DJ belt and buckle but, i'm not 100% sure about the buckle has i have not seen this style of retaining clasp before.Any thoughts would be appreciated....Thanks Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DJ Belt & Buckle opinions needed please   DJ Belt & Buckle opinions needed please  

DJ Belt & Buckle opinions needed please   DJ Belt & Buckle opinions needed please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DJ Belt & Buckle opinions needed please
    P
    Many

Default Re: DJ Belt & Buckle opinions needed please

sorry,looks like a east european fake. i believe there are some in the rouges gallery that are close to it.
    lol, im still learning and could be wrong!
    lets see what everyone else thinks....

Note the prongs which are cut off at 45 degrees: never a good sign.

Cheers, Ade.

I too am not impressed with this buckle....Certainly a reproduction in my opinion....I can't say much about the belt though - not really my area but I like the looks of it...

Rob

I have never seen a buckle made in this configuration genuine or fake, but your buckle is fake IMO
    Ben

In my opinion, the buckle is a fake. Lightly stamped alloy box with a well known fake pin (massive dome heads), over size pin shroud and crude claw arrangement. The bizarre catch is in my opinion a fantasy type and goodness knows what those markings are supposed to represent. 41 as a year of production marking? From memory, was not this buckle phased out around 1937?

The leather strap however appears to be an original 1935 DJ.

Regards,

David

Thanks,everyone my doubts have been confirmed,will now try and get a good buckle for the leather belt.Thanks again