Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

DJ Buckle & Belt - who could be the Maker ?

Article about: Hi Everyone, Bought four buckles & belts this week, a HJ piece I've shown, this is the second one - a Third Reich generalist collector I know, has decided to concentrate on medals &

Default Re: DJ Buckle & Belt - who could be the Maker ?

I think that you have made a very good point here Ben.

The brazed catch is very similar to that found on many B u N buckles, although similar is the key word. I do not think that we have a B u N catch here and also, B u N did employ a variety of wide catches by the shape and detail of the paddle feet, rather than just one signature type.

If I had to make a guess, I would suggest that the DJ buckle which started the thread was made by St. u L. When time permits, I will post some comparative images of wide brazed on catches.

Regards,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DJ Buckle & Belt - who could be the Maker ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: DJ Buckle & Belt - who could be the Maker ?

The "middle" catch is from the DJ buckle that started the thread. The "top" and "bottom" catches are from B u N marked SA buckles.

In my opinion, similar, although not the same. A difference in the overall shape and the tip, of the catch paddle feet.

Regards,

David
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DJ Buckle & Belt - who could be the Maker ?  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12