Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

DJ Buckle & Belt - who could be the Maker ?

Article about: Hi Everyone, Bought four buckles & belts this week, a HJ piece I've shown, this is the second one - a Third Reich generalist collector I know, has decided to concentrate on medals &

Default Re: DJ Buckle & Belt - who could be the Maker ?

I think that you have made a very good point here Ben.

The brazed catch is very similar to that found on many B u N buckles, although similar is the key word. I do not think that we have a B u N catch here and also, B u N did employ a variety of wide catches by the shape and detail of the paddle feet, rather than just one signature type.

If I had to make a guess, I would suggest that the DJ buckle which started the thread was made by St. u L. When time permits, I will post some comparative images of wide brazed on catches.

Regards,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: DJ Buckle & Belt - who could be the Maker ?

The "middle" catch is from the DJ buckle that started the thread. The "top" and "bottom" catches are from B u N marked SA buckles.

In my opinion, similar, although not the same. A difference in the overall shape and the tip, of the catch paddle feet.

Regards,

David
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	161556  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12