Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DJ Buckle & Belt - who could be the Maker ?

Article about: Hi Everyone, Bought four buckles & belts this week, a HJ piece I've shown, this is the second one - a Third Reich generalist collector I know, has decided to concentrate on medals &

?

Default DJ Buckle & Belt - who could be the Maker ?

Hi Everyone,
    Bought four buckles & belts this week, a HJ piece I've shown, this is the second one - a Third Reich generalist collector I know, has decided to concentrate on medals & helmets and is selling off the equipment side of his collection, amongst other things I bought this from him. I normally try to buy pieces with a makers mark in this case it has no mark, but it was the only buckle of this type he had. I'm confident buckle & belt are matching period pieces just curious who the maker could be. I've looked through the maker's profile thread, this buckle design isn't covered there. Any suggestions welcome.
    Regards
    Alec
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DJ Buckle & Belt - who could be the Maker ?   DJ Buckle & Belt - who could be the Maker ?  

DJ Buckle & Belt - who could be the Maker ?   DJ Buckle & Belt - who could be the Maker ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DJ Buckle & Belt - who could be the Maker ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: DJ Buckle & Belt - who could be the Maker ?

Alec, nice original buckle and belt, as to the maker I have no idea. David might know and I am sure Chad Williams will know if he reads this thread
    Ben

I'm thinking Berg & Nolte. I have a similar buckle with the same type of belt catch. It's maker marked M4/30 on the side of the buckle. Any other thoughts on this one?

Cheers!

Rob

I have seen other buckles with this catch and they were made by Berge & Nolte but hard to say for sure
    Ben

Hey, guys. Nice buckle, Alec. While I really don't know, I think Rob and Ben are probably correct in the speculation that this could be by B u N from the appearance of the catch/feet. It is the same as found on some of my B u N buckles. By happenstance, I am shooting Chad an email at this very moment and so will mention this thread to him. As Ben said, I'm sure he will have a more definitive answer.

Best,
    Adam

A nice buckle indeed Alec, I am still looking for a nice DJ

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Here are some pics of my B&N example.....Hope this helps you some! Cheers!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DJ Buckle & Belt - who could be the Maker ?   DJ Buckle & Belt - who could be the Maker ?  

DJ Buckle & Belt - who could be the Maker ?   DJ Buckle & Belt - who could be the Maker ?  

DJ Buckle & Belt - who could be the Maker ?  
    Attached Images Attached Images DJ Buckle & Belt - who could be the Maker ? 

I agree with B&N being the maker.. it was my first thought right from the first pic of the reverse.. that catch screams nolte
    Chad

?

Hello Gentlemen,
    Thanks for all your posts and extra pictures, the common wisdom seems fairly conclusive, that the maker was as you all say Berg & Nolte. That's good enough for me, after all the what I regard as the creme-de-la-creme of buckle collectors have all made a post on this thread, what more could I ask for. Reading up on these DJ buckles appears they were only in use over a period of three years, it follows that they weren't made in big numbers. Makes me wonder what the commercial logic was behind Berg & Nolte's practice of stamping some buckles and leaving others unmarked, odd. Happy to have started the thread and grateful to all of you, for establishing the maker. Again Thanks
    Best Wishes

Just a point of note guys especially for the less experienced collectors, I have also seen early Overhoff buckles with this type of catch, we believe this is Berge & Nolte but depending on type of buckle dont automatically think Berge & Nolte for this type of catch, for example I have seen Overhoff marked Tunnerbund buckles with this catch, just for info
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast