Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

DJ / HJ cross strap and belt

Article about: I just picked this up at the local flea market.The guy said he thought it was some kind of horse strap or something but I knew it was some sort of 'Sam Brown' and it appeared to be of German

?

Default DJ / HJ cross strap and belt

I just picked this up at the local flea market.The guy said he thought it was some kind of horse strap or something but I knew it was some sort of 'Sam Brown' and it appeared to be of German manufacture. I later looked closely for any signs of makers marks or anything. I noticed there was an oval shaped stamp on the leather belt strap with a manufacturers mark and what appeared to be a date that's looks like '1939'. It's very small and seems to be for a 8 or 10 year old boy or "Duestche Jugend".I also saw the style of leather with lines, or pressed borders along the straps as I've seen before on other German straps. Please let me know what you guys think about it. Thanks.
    ~Dean
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DJ / HJ cross strap and belt   DJ / HJ cross strap and belt  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DJ / HJ cross strap and belt
    P
    Many

Default Re: DJ / HJ cross strap and belt

Never seen this type of belt before where the cross strap enters the belt through a slot? Odd. Usually they would fix via a belt loop and clip. Other than that, I cannot add anything....

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Yeah, me neither,Thanks though Ade. Other than that difference, it seems to be a item the DJ would have used,IMO.Also the maker stamp seems familiar to me.
    ~Dean

Not what I'm used to seeing when it comes to German belts.....any chance at getting a picture of the maker mark?
    Cheers!
    Rob

?

The second picture features a makers mark at the end of the belt strap.

Ahhhh....I see it now. Hopefully others will be able to help....for me: it doesn't look like your typical German belt, but I'm not as well versed in belts as buckles.
    Good luck!
    Rob

Dean, to be honest not sure where its from but from the straps going through the actual belt it does not look german
    Ben

?

Thanks Ben, Possibly another countries youth organization. Def 1939 though.

Agreed. With the slots, I can't see this as any sort of German cross strap.
    Normally there would be a square or rectangular 'hollow back'
    style buckle, more often with an emblem on it.

Also, the very small buckle does not 'do up' like a regular belt buckle
    would, and it cannot be adjusted for size very much. Might be
    for an animal at that.........
    Regards,

Steve.