Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Early 1930's NSDAP Jugend Buckle... Info?

Article about: Was just shown this piece and haven't come across it before. My friend is telling me it's an early 1930's buckle. Apparently it's unmarked and would be before RZM coding so I have no clue ab

Question Early 1930's NSDAP Jugend Buckle... Info?

Was just shown this piece and haven't come across it before. My friend is telling me it's an early 1930's buckle. Apparently it's unmarked and would be before RZM coding so I have no clue about makers of this style. Anybody have one of these or know anything about them or where to learn more? (Ugh...my Angolia book still hasn't arrived!)

Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early 1930's NSDAP Jugend Buckle... Info?   Early 1930's NSDAP Jugend Buckle... Info?  

Early 1930's NSDAP Jugend Buckle... Info?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early 1930's NSDAP Jugend Buckle... Info?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Early 1930's NSDAP Jugend Buckle... Info?

My mistake...I was thinking about another HJ buckle I saw that wasn't marked. This one clearly is but I haven't deciphered the maker yet. I believe, though, that it's not marked anywhere else on the buckle.

Default Hakenkreuz Gürtelschließe

Adam

There are divided opinions about this and other quite similar "Hakenkreuz Gürtelschließe", although may I suggest that you do not always believe what the reference books tell you.

There are some 1920's "swastika" buckles that have no direct NSDAP connection. The swastika of course once being a decorative, fashion and good luck symbol in many countries and certainly in the early part of the twentieth century.

Your buckle or rather should I say jolly similar buckles (swastika in an oval) appear in period catalogues along other political, religious and/or military buckles.

I think that your buckle has a direct NSDAP association.

Regards,

David

Default Re: Early 1930's NSDAP Jugend Buckle... Info?

Great buckle! I love these "smallies"....there are MANY different types of trouser buckles like this that have a swastika.....
    Here's what I have to show but a small percentage of what is out there in regards to small buckles. (keep in mind they represent many different branches too - not all NSDAP Jugend). I'll also post pics of one of the buckles that closely ressembles your example....
    Cheers - and congrats on the buckle!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early 1930's NSDAP Jugend Buckle... Info?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Early 1930's NSDAP Jugend Buckle... Info?  Early 1930's NSDAP Jugend Buckle... Info?