Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Elongated Rune DJ

Article about: Hi All! I could add this strange DJ buckle to my collection a few weeks ago. I must admit that I like these DJ's with elongated rune very much. I wonder now wich maker could be responsible f

?

Default Elongated Rune DJ

Hi All!

I could add this strange DJ buckle to my collection a few weeks ago. I must admit that I like these DJ's with elongated rune very much.

I wonder now wich maker could be responsible for this buckle. Has anyone seen these small feet at the catch before? Any opinion is welcome!

Best,
    Guido
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Elongated Rune DJ   Elongated Rune DJ  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Elongated Rune DJ
    P
    Many

Default Re: Elongated Rune DJ

Guido, there is a thread on these "elongated" runes somewhere, also mate do you think the catch has been replaced at some stage? Just looking where the catch feet should be and the marked to the left of it?

Grusse
    Ben

I have a few of these in my collection.....and as a matter of fact: I just received another last night! I haven't even had time for pics yet. These are certainly much less common than the standard sig run DJ buckle. I too love the look of these. I'm wondering if Berg/Nolte might have made mine given the belt catch (will have to take some pics). There were certainly more than just the one maker of these buckles.
    As Ben has mentioned - I too wonder if the belt catch on the above shown example has been replaced? It's not a style that I'm familiar with and it does look like there was another catch on there.

Still: very cool looking buckle! Cheers!

Rob

Hey guys,

I too like these elongated rune DJ's. I would agree with the senior collectors here that the catch on Guido's example was likely period repaired/replaced with the one shown, shifted slightly up and to the right. Not a catch style that I recognize... Perhaps Chad will chime in here with an idea as to maker. Attached is another example by Friedrich Keller. Same elongated rune to my eyes although not the maker of Guido's example as ear's & catch don't match and signature Keller pin shroud opening is not present.

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Elongated Rune DJ   Elongated Rune DJ  

?

Many thanks for your replies.

By the pictures the catch looks indeed to be replaced. But I did not realized it before I opened this thread. I think the catch was factory applied because there is the same silvering over catch and soldering like on the buckle itself. The soldering was done a little bit careless. The additional pictures will explain it hopefully. However just another nameless maker behind this DJ - nothing unusual in this area.

@Rob: I would like to see your new DJ!

@Adam: Very nice Keller DJ!! This maker is quite hard to find betwen political buckles!

Best,
    Guido

Guido: I just posted it!

Rob

Quote by Guido View Post
    Many thanks for your replies.
    Best,
    Guido
    Hello All,

@Guido...Now that's a DJ, to my taste.
    The piece I would like to look very directly.

With best regards,

Raphael