Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fake Assmann Marked HJ Buckle

Article about: Hello, friends. I have been asked to provide some details as to what is incorrect about the fake HJ shown here and which is marked for Assmann. At this moment all I know is that this is a kn

Default Fake Assmann Marked HJ Buckle

Hello, friends. I have been asked to provide some details as to what is incorrect about the fake HJ shown here and which is marked for Assmann. At this moment all I know is that this is a known fake...one that I have now seen a more than a few times and that might deceive someone. To my knowledge Assmann did not mark in this way. I will ask Chad later today for some pointers to share. Any help or comments are much appreciated!

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake Assmann Marked HJ Buckle   Fake Assmann Marked HJ Buckle  

Attached Images Attached Images Fake Assmann Marked HJ Buckle 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake Assmann Marked HJ Buckle
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Fake Assmann Marked HJ Buckle

looks sloppy

Pure fake

You're right: those are not proper Assmann markings....and they should not be under the prong bar. I'm sure Chad will have more to add to this. It's a repro though.....

Rob

Just to add mare wrong ears, lack of detail on front of buckle, bad colour!
    Ben

The bottom line here is that we have a supposedly "late period" steel buckle, displaying by the ott markings, an attempt at emulating the "early nickle silver period" markings for Assmann, complete of course, with an imitation of the Aurich (non Assmann) "crank" catch.

If modified and corrected, a very convincing fake in my opinion.

Regards,

David

Hello, guys and thank you for the replies and feedback regarding this buckle. Chad is, of course, in agreement. David you are, of course, correct that these early markings should not appear on a steel buckle like this. I saw another one of these yesterday at a show here in California in a box of repros that were selling for around $100 each!

Again, many thanks for the responses that will help to keep unsuspecting or beginning buckle collectors away from this bad buckle.

Best to you all,
    Adam

Quote by aechols83 View Post
    Hello, guys and thank you for the replies and feedback regarding this buckle. Chad is, of course, in agreement. David you are, of course, correct that these early markings should not appear on a steel buckle like this. I saw another one of these yesterday at a show here in California in a box of repros that were selling for around $100 each!

Again, many thanks for the responses that will help to keep unsuspecting or beginning buckle collectors away from this bad buckle.

Best to you all,
    Adam
    Hello,

that's absolutely right Adam............

We know also the ugly round wings , that only a feature from H.Aurich Dresden !
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

?

Whatever happened to Adam? He hasn't posted here or on WAF for a couple of years.

?

Quote by kirby View Post
    Whatever happened to Adam? He hasn't posted here or on WAF for a couple of years.
    What a coincidence you should mention that.. I have also noticed that some members come and go..
    I would hope that it is merely a loss of spirit in collecting rather than loss of life or freedom...
    I my self have a "Memory" stick of all my special accounts so that a few family members can retrieve pass codes in the event of death or worse... Heaven forbid... But inevitable... Let's hope he'll show up soon though.
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast