Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hitler Youth Leader's Buckle and Police Belt Buckle: Recently acquired pieces

Article about: Hi, all. Just wanted to share some pictures of these 2 buckles I was received from a family friend. I'm pretty certain both of these are authentic, but wanted to know what you all thought ab

Question Hitler Youth Leader's Buckle and Police Belt Buckle: Recently acquired pieces

Hi, all. Just wanted to share some pictures of these 2 buckles I was received from a family friend. I'm pretty certain both of these are authentic, but wanted to know what you all thought about their worth. I've only been able to find the gold equivalent of the HJ leader's buckle going for about $450 USD. The police buckle probably has a market value of around $75 but just wanted to know what you all thought.

Thanks for the help!
    Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler Youth Leader's Buckle and Police Belt Buckle: Recently acquired pieces   Hitler Youth Leader's Buckle and Police Belt Buckle: Recently acquired pieces  

Hitler Youth Leader's Buckle and Police Belt Buckle: Recently acquired pieces  
    Attached Images Attached Images Hitler Youth Leader's Buckle and Police Belt Buckle: Recently acquired pieces  Hitler Youth Leader's Buckle and Police Belt Buckle: Recently acquired pieces 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Youth Leader's Buckle and Police Belt Buckle: Recently acquired pieces
    P
    Many

Default Re: Hitler Youth Leader's Buckle and Police Belt Buckle: Recently acquired pieces

Adam

An interesting pair of buckles.

On a purely personal note, I have no issue whatsoever with the SchuPo buckle, however and with all due respect to your family friend, I do not like the HJ Leaders.

The SchuPo in my opinion is quite correct, with the two piece examples (unlike many other organisation's two piece buckles)apparently being worn in the field, rather than in theory enjoying the designation of parade and/or walking out.

The HJ Leaders is in my opinion a fake and perhaps this past thread may be of interest:-

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/belt-...-buckle-17379/

Regards,

David

Default Re: Hitler Youth Leader's Buckle and Police Belt Buckle: Recently acquired pieces

Dont know about the Officer buckle I have never collect them but I agree with David on the ranks Police buckle and could have been made by Assmann.
    Ben

?

Hello I would stay away from the HJ. I've read a European dealer was selling these at the SOS about 10 years ago for $30- $50.

Hi, all. Thanks for the responses and feedback. Good to know about the HJ buckle. Thankfully, it didn't cost me anything and I think it was a gift to our family friend as well so nothing lost really. I'm happy the SchuPo buckle was probably used in the field as it appears...gives it a nice historical feeling.

Again, thanks for the feedback and heads-up on the HJ buckle.

Best,
    Adam