Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

HJ Aluminum Cast?

Article about: Hi, just came across this HJ aluminum cast buckle on ebay. I would not think they would have injection pin marks like this. Being sold as the REAL DEAL!

UDO
    ?

Default HJ Aluminum Cast?

Hi, just came across this HJ aluminum cast buckle on ebay. I would not think they would have injection pin marks like this.
    Being sold as the REAL DEAL!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Aluminum Cast?
    P
    Many

Default Re: HJ Aluminum Cast?

I don't see a problem....I've seen buckles made in this manner. Any chance at a picture of the front?

Rob

Here is a picture of one of my buckles....it was an HJ that was perfectly "ground down" after the war to wear with "civvy" clothing. You'll see that the back is identical to your example made by Richard Sieper and Son.
    Cheers!
    Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Aluminum Cast?   HJ Aluminum Cast?  

HJ Aluminum Cast?  

UDO
    ?

Here is a pic of the front. I am not an HJ collector, just thought this looked like "new mfg" and thought it might be fake. If anyone is looking for one it might be a good deal. looks uncirculated, asking price is $120 or make offer.
    Udo

Udo, as Rob so correctly confirmed, a perfectly original injection moulded HJ and being offered at a reasonable price.

Rob, as a slightly mischievous side note, I have never been comfortable with the theory that these neutral buckles are post 1945 "grind off" HJ's. I actually think that they were period produced in a neutral format, although I do not know for what purpose.

Regards,

David

hi David! I would be much more comfortable with that theory!! I'd love to be able to confirm that these were made this way DURING the TR. Looking at the front of my example - it's hard to believe that there was a HJ motto on there, so it is very highly possible that you are correct!! If the motto and eagle were "ground off", it was done in a VERY professional manner.
    I like your way of thinking!
    Cheers buddy!
    Rob

Hi Guys,

I cannot really add anything beyond what has already been said other than what Chad shared with me that these are less commonly encountered. The injection-molded type apparently makes up perhaps 5% of all aluminum buckles seen, the others of course being of the die-stamped variety. If I recall correctly, Sieper's injection-molded aluminum HJ is also less often seen than that by RZM M4/46, Wilhelm Schroder (the only other producer of these buckles.) Perhaps if Chad sees this he'll chime in and expand or correct me. Here are images of the example I hold...courtesy of a great deal from Chad

Best,
    Adam

P.S. - I really like David's pre-45 theory on your buckle, Rob and I wonder why this would have been done. Interesting!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Aluminum Cast?   HJ Aluminum Cast?  

HJ Aluminum Cast?