Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

HJ Belt and Buckle

Article about: Picked up this HJ belt and buckle recently. Looks like a Overhoff & Cie, Lüdenscheid based on Ben's maker thread. Not sure exactly what the RZM stamp on the leather indicates. Buckle is

?

Default HJ Belt and Buckle

Picked up this HJ belt and buckle recently. Looks like a Overhoff & Cie, Lüdenscheid based on Ben's maker thread. Not sure exactly what the RZM stamp on the leather indicates. Buckle is somewhat heavier than my other buckles...interesting.

Jeff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Belt and Buckle   HJ Belt and Buckle  

HJ Belt and Buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Belt and Buckle
    P
    Many

that is an injection molded zinc buckle by Overhoff, take note of the extra "1" , that is the cavity number from the mold. They had 2 cavity molds, and this was produced in cavity 1. These zinc buckles are fairly common as they were produced later in the TR period; but they are often seen in bad shape as they were a fairly soft material in comparison to steel or nickel. These buckles look dull and flat, but when new they were shiny as if polished like chrome or aluminum; unfortunately the zinc absorbed the finish and this is how most appear today. A few years ago, I bought about 10 of these that were unissued mint untouched and still wrapped in factory paper. These buckles looked amazing , until seeing them I had always thought the zinc buckles were very unattractive; these mint buckles changed my mind.

Chad, very good info. Thanx.
    Did you get a picture of those mint zn buckles?
    BTW, what's TR period?

?

Quote by der alte oberst View Post
    Chad, very good info. Thanx.
    Did you get a picture of those mint zn buckles?
    BTW, what's TR period?
    TR is Third Reich.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Great info Chad on the "1" marking! Any info on the RZM belt markings? I like the more aged look of this buckle, but pics of mint examples would be very nice.

Hey great info Chad, I would not mind seeing pics of those buckles if you have them
    Ben

will post tonight