Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HJ Belt buckle , is it a good one?.

Article about: Great HJ buckle. I've always enjoyed these...Congratulations!

?

Default HJ Belt buckle , is it a good one?.

Hi chaps

I Am considering purchasing this HJ buckle but thought i would check with you chaps first to see if it is a period piece. I can just make out the number 4 and part of the rzm stamp on the last pic but it is very feint and looks unusual. Which is what concerned me. After getting burned the other day , i thought i'd better check with the professionals first , any help much appreciated , pics below. (these are the only pics available)

fingers crossed it is good to purchase.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Belt buckle , is it a good one?.
    P
    Many

Jim

The buckle is original, when you get it take a pic of the makers mark using the macro feature, this will detail the maker mark
    Ben

?

Many Thanks for that , very much appreciated. I have just made the purchase and am very much looking forward to receiving this buckle as it looked like one of the nicest out of several i have been looking at. Really appreciate that you have confirmed it is Genuine as i will now own a lovely official piece. Once i receive the buckle i will also take a close up of the makers mark as it does have one by the looks of it , but it is very hard to make out , with respect and fingers crossed you might be able to decipher the maker for me which would be great to know and also help assist buckle collectors on this forum also. Thanks again and it is great to be part of this wonderful site , i am also extremely happy that i have bought an original item. Jimbo.

Jimbo

Looking forward to the pics, in regards to maker if it is a M4/ number look in the HJ makers list and find the relevant number and you will have your maker
    Ben

?

Great stuff , will do , thank you , pics to follow as soon as it arrives.
    this very minute Just had email confirmation that it will be posted monday , i am looking forward to discovering the maker , really useful that list , i have now saved it in my bookmark list for easy access. Just hoping the numbers aren't too worn and we can indeed find out the maker.

?

Congratulations! Is it your first German buckle?

?

Quote by Erno View Post
    Congratulations! Is it your first German buckle?
    Thank you , It will be my first German buckle (hopefully many more to follow) , very much looking forward to handling it.

Quote by jimm View Post
    Thank you , It will be my first German buckle (hopefully many more to follow) , very much looking forward to handling it.
    No going back now mate!.....

?

Quote by jimm View Post
    Gunny is quite right; these are addicting! I didn't have much interest in buckles until I got one, and now they're one of my favorite things to collect.

?

Received the buckle this morning extremely happy with it (Thanks John) , sadly it is impossible to decipher the maker as the melted metal to the right hand side that holds the catch in place covers the last digits so what is readable is the RZM mark and M4 / and that is it (the M is just visible) , i'll try to get a close up of the stamp and post a picture , really nice to finally handle one of these buckles , smaller than i expected but ofcourse it was for 13-18 year olds , it's a nice size though as i reckon a few of these small beauties would make a lovely display piece if mounted correctly. (any help on how to mount buckles would be great (i'm thinking foam backing then cut a hole for the buckle to fit in?) My hunt for more HJ buckles and other Jugend buckles will continue now , i think i would like a nice NSDAP Jugend and SA Jugend to go with this one especially if they are the same size (which i'm sure they will be). I'm getting so many ideas , anyway lovely item very pleased , pics below of obscured makers mark numbers , i never realised how crap my digital camera is , so the picture of the stamp is not very good at all , Johns pics at the top of the thread are much better.

Sorry once again for the poor attempt of a close up but it was the best my horrid digital camera could do before the pic goes blurred.
    Last edited by jimm; 03-11-2014 at 04:11 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast