Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HJ Buckle & Belt

Article about: Hello Friends, I found this belt and buckle being offered near me. I know the pictures are terrible and I have asked for better but could you tell me what you think from these? First, I have

Default HJ Buckle & Belt

Hello Friends,

I found this belt and buckle being offered near me. I know the pictures are terrible and I have asked for better but could you tell me what you think from these? First, I have looked through all of the posts and do not see one catch like this one has. Your opinions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

William

HJ Buckle & BeltHJ Buckle & BeltHJ Buckle & BeltHJ Buckle & Belt.HJ Buckle & BeltHJ Buckle & BeltHJ Buckle & Belt

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Buckle & Belt
    P
    Many

?

Hard to tell originality from the photos but you have a belt with an officers catch and the buckle hook has been changed to work with the officers belt.

Quote by kirby View Post
    Hard to tell originality from the photos but you have a belt with an officers catch and the buckle hook has been changed to work with the officers belt.
    Thanks Kirby, I have looked more closely at officer's belts & buckles and see what you mean about this buckle being altered. Obviously the fact that the buckle is altered and the belt does not go with the buckle originally that detracts from the desirability & value as an original. But, is there any value to the configuration as it is? I know you will say it is up to the individual person to decide if they like it or not and what it is worth. I am not a collector of HJ buckles having none but might this be a unique example to consider? What do others think? What might be its value in this condition? Just curious. Thanks to all. I Love posting these questions and receiving your responses.

William

Hi William, I am with Kirby, looks like an original HJ buckle with an officers catch soldered to it so it can be attached to the officer type belt. Dont pay too much for it if you buy it
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Hi William, I am with Kirby, looks like an original HJ buckle with an officers catch soldered to it so it can be attached to the officer type belt. Dont pay too much for it if you buy it
    That's what I was thinking. The guy thinks he has something very special. I am not really interested if it is not uniquely special. It seems to be just an adaptation to be functional and not really worth much. I cannot even get clear pictures of the face.

No mate, nowt special, just an adapted buckle
    Ben

Thanks Ben & Kirby, You guys have come through again with flying colors. I really appreciate your help and advice. I have written to the gentleman with the belt explaining its condition. I will let you know if he responds to my e-mail.

Thanks,

William

Quote by wpheaton View Post
    Thanks Ben & Kirby, You guys have come through again with flying colors. I really appreciate your help and advice. I have written to the gentleman with the belt explaining its condition. I will let you know if he responds to my e-mail.

Thanks,

William
    Please do William, even show him the thread if he thinks it is a special buckle
    Ben

Here is the response I received from the owner.

"It's a Hitler Youth Belt & Buckle, I bought it at an estate sale/auction. It's original and authentic.
    Thanks for your interest, and since you're not interested I must move on down the list of other's who have responded to my ad.
    Have a nice weekend."

He is not happy with my findings.

William

Such is life mate, let it go, it is original and authentic but with issues!
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast