Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

HJ buckle and belt, thoughts?

Article about: Hi guys, I've been away on my holidays for a few weeks, week in Italy and then a week boating in the Norfolk Broads. Afraid it's back to work, but also picked this up from one of my contacts

Default HJ buckle and belt, thoughts?

Hi guys,

I've been away on my holidays for a few weeks, week in Italy and then a week boating in the Norfolk Broads. Afraid it's back to work, but also picked this up from one of my contacts. It came in to him from house clearance, apparently not from a collector.

I felt ok about it, but was a bit concerned about lack of detail on the rear compared to some Alu buckles. Saying that, the M4/24 on Nash pg. 286 looks similar. Thoughts guys?

The belt is a bit weird also. It's marked up as a 100cm length, and after measuring it's definetly been shortened. I don't understand the holes at the hook end though. Also two of the holes, the two on the leather part that's folded over have been plugged. Presumably shortened for a skinny HJ???
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ buckle and belt, thoughts?   HJ buckle and belt, thoughts?  

HJ buckle and belt, thoughts?   HJ buckle and belt, thoughts?  

HJ buckle and belt, thoughts?   HJ buckle and belt, thoughts?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ buckle and belt, thoughts?
    P
    Many

Default Re: HJ buckle and belt, thoughts?

buckles a good one i have one also weird how the rears are so mashed up with this maker!

cant comment on the belt..

cheers,Ewan

e2a picture
    Attached Images Attached Images HJ buckle and belt, thoughts? 

Cheers Ewan, I suppose as it's die struck, one side of the Friedrich Linden die must have caused this?

would agree its die struck mate, could never ever get my head around how it could be as detailed to the front and not to the rear! could it be the die got hot an heated the alloy slightly? fear we will never know for certain!

Well, there are two halves to the die, I'm presuming the half that is in contact with the rear doesn't have the same detail as the other side, or maybe it's out of register? Just one of those things, and is a good aid to recognising a FL die struck HJ buckle?

Quote by Lenny Warren View Post
    Well, there are two halves to the die, I'm presuming the half that is in contact with the rear doesn't have the same detail as the other side, or maybe it's out of register? Just one of those things, and is a good aid to recognising a FL die struck HJ buckle?
    aah Lenny you have gave me some more insight, i never knew the dies were i two halfs and yes i would agree with you now, and yes i would say its an easy way to tell an original FL buckle among other points as soon as i seen yours i knew and i am not a buckle collector as such, that said yours is a really nice one mate!

Buckle is fine Lenny, the belt has been through the wars mind
    Ben

Ben is back! thank goodness :P

Sorry guys, been in Crete for a week, sun sea and Raki
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Buckle is fine Lenny, the belt has been through the wars mind
    Through the wars? Isn't that the point??? I do love my combat worn/salty items...

Hope you had a great time in Crete...