Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

HJ Buckle - Good / Bad

Article about: Hello Gents, I was offered another buckle,this time a HJ Buckle. I’m new to buckle collecting, unsure if its good or bad, perhaps members could pass opinions – please if you don’t like it, s

?

Default HJ Buckle - Good / Bad

Hello Gents,
    I was offered another buckle,this time a HJ Buckle. I’m new to buckle collecting, unsure if its good or bad, perhaps members could pass opinions – please if you don’t like it, say why, writing only bad, fake, not for my collection, doesn’t bring anyone forward.
    Best Wishes
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Buckle - Good / Bad   HJ Buckle - Good / Bad  

Attached Images Attached Images HJ Buckle - Good / Bad 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Buckle - Good / Bad
    P
    Many

Default Re: HJ Buckle - Good / Bad

Quote by AlecH View Post
    Hello Gents,
    I was offered another buckle,this time a HJ Buckle. I’m new to buckle collecting, unsure if its good or bad, perhaps members could pass opinions – please if you don’t like it, say why, writing only bad, fake, not for my collection, doesn’t bring anyone forward.
    Best Wishes
    It does not bring anyone forward, however if you do no research yourself you will never learn, all you will do is rely on others for answers, if you are serious about collecting buckles you will need to start reading books and past threads. The buckle is indeed original and has a early makers mark by Christian Theodore Dicke, nice buckle actually
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    It does not bring anyone forward, however if you do no research yourself you will never learn, all you will do is rely on others for answers, if you are serious about collecting buckles you will need to start reading books and past threads. The buckle is indeed original and has a early makers mark by Christian Theodore Dicke, nice buckle actually
    As you say Ben, nice buckle.
    so its "good" then?

Yes John, one of the early ones by CTD, I would like to see more pics of the prongs, that might have been replaced but nice early marked buckle
    Ben

Yup....I agree with Ben....a good buckle. The belt catch might have been re-soldered on the top as it looks pretty bent and a little off to the right. An early buckle to be sure given the markings. Buckle is made of nickel I imagine.

Cheers!

Rob

?

Many Thanks Gentlemen,
    For your posts.
    Regards

Alec

A super example of the well known and quite difficult to find, "Haus Dicke" HJ buckle.

By the way, have you checked for markings on the inner edges of the buckle? Sometimes this particular buckle is additionally stamped KH22.

Regards,

David