Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

HJ Buckle M4/24.....

Article about: Hello; I got this buckle from a friend who got it out of an ammo can. I don't have any Hitler Youth buckles so I dont have much to compare too.... Taken with my Windows Phone, just on the go

Default Re: HJ Buckle M4/24.....

Quote by NDShooter View Post
    Well, keep me updated Ben! I'm hitting a few shows around the midwest this month and I'm sure i'll have more to post!
    If it is genuine which looks like it may well be it is a hard to find buckle, I have never seen a HJ buckle with no ears ever so a good one for your collection and like I said earlier, for a freebie brilliant!! I never have luck like that lol
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

I completely neglected mention of the lack of "ears." The examples of this buckle that I have seen have always had this coupling of cast prongs with an earless box. Such an oddball combination but a desirable piece for the HJ collector.

?

If I saw the buckle at a show I would pass on it as a copy. I am sure we have all made mistakes on buckles good and bad.

So whats the verdict?

Quote by NDShooter View Post
    So whats the verdict?
    Still waiting for Chad to gte back to me
    Ben

Thanks Ben,

Or David North, whoever reads it first really
    Ben

Dear Ben

In my opinion, an original and period HJ buckle and despite some of the quite eccentric features. I have seen these types of claws on other makers injection moulded zink HJ buckles, although the earless box appears to be the sole prerogative of those marked RZM M/24.

Regards,

David

Very interesting buckle. Thanks for the education on these.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Cheers David, a first for me
    Ben

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast