Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HJ injection molded Aluminum buckles

Article about: Hello gents. I wanted to start a thread about the injection molded aluminum HJ buckles. These buckles are less common than their die struck aluminum brothers. These are produced in the same

Default HJ injection molded Aluminum buckles

Hello gents.
    I wanted to start a thread about the injection molded aluminum HJ buckles. These buckles are less common than their die struck aluminum brothers. These are produced in the same way as the HJ injection molded zinc buckles, and there are also heer , ss and luft examples also. The injection molding process leaves no detail to the reverse of the buckle (flat back) The Hj examples were only produced by two firms...
    M4/46 Wihelm Schroder and M4/38 RS&S
    I speculate that these buckles were short lived as they are not found in large numbers. There are a few variations of these which differ either by makers markings "curly six on m4/46...ect" or by the design left on the back of the buckle by the mold.
    Please post pics of any HJ ALUMINUM injection molded buckles in this thread..please dont post HJ zinc here..we will keep that for a different thread
    thanks
    Chad
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ injection molded Aluminum buckles   HJ injection molded Aluminum buckles  

HJ injection molded Aluminum buckles   HJ injection molded Aluminum buckles  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ injection molded Aluminum buckles
    P
    Many

Default Re: HJ injection molded Aluminum buckles

buckle 2
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ injection molded Aluminum buckles   HJ injection molded Aluminum buckles  

buckle #3

buckle #4

Cracking buckles Chad, I hope there are guys that have buckles to contribute
    Ben

Great buckles Chad! I will post my m4/38 when I have a chance. Way cool!
    Rob

Super HJ's Chad and I concur with all that you say.

Here is another WS, however I think that it displays a variation set of markings. There is of course still, the well known "curly 6".

Regards,

David

every marking variation means a different mold. The M4/46 are more common than the M4/38 , and I dont recall ever seeing any variation of the M4/38 markings or mold marks... There may have only been one mold made and used for the production of the M/38 buckles. Being that the molds had the materials hot injected into them, they lasted much longer than die struck molds used to make brass, aluminum , nickel and steel buckles. I will have to compare the M4/38 aluminum buckle to the m4/38 zinc and see if there is any difference as the same mold quite possibly could have been used for this production as well! I will have to start a new thread for the comparison. Please give me your thoughts on the subject of these buckles and the points I have brought up
    thanks
    Chad

Hey guys....Sorry for the delay! I was on a boat in the Carribean Sea for a few days - just getting in and settled! Great buckles - I mentioned that I would show my example.....Here's my M4/38 along with a de-nazi'd M4/38 example.

Cheers!

Rob

Rob
    great buckles.. I love that someone really did a thorough job removing everything from that buckle!! no one would ever know !
    thanks for showing them
    Chad

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast