Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Latest HJ Buckle: RZM M5/276

Article about: Hey, Chad. Thanks and yes, please PM me the name of the supplier for the riker mounts. I knew of Riker mounts, but had not before seen these with the inside compartment trays... A case with

Default Latest HJ Buckle: RZM M5/276

Hey, guys. Just thought I'd share these photos of the latest HJ I purchased, a die struck, silvered steel M5/276 Klein & Quenzer. Been looking for one of these for a little while now to go with my zinc M5 HJ and thought it was an okay deal at $90 all included.
    I really like the idiosyncratic placement of the RZM mark and number inside the diamond. Not sure how uncommon these buckles are, but as far as the placement of the markings, this is the only type of HJ I have seen having it as so.

Any comments most welcome and take care
    -Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Latest HJ Buckle: RZM M5/276   Latest HJ Buckle: RZM M5/276  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Latest HJ Buckle: RZM M5/276
    P
    Many

Default Re: Latest HJ Buckle: RZM M5/276

nice buckle with the mysterious M5 designation

Thanks! I'm happy with it and I think it really complement this zinc M5 that I had previously
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Latest HJ Buckle: RZM M5/276  
    Attached Images Attached Images Latest HJ Buckle: RZM M5/276  Latest HJ Buckle: RZM M5/276 

Adam
    nice buckle.. The steel buckle is not uncommon, but the marking is always a nice one to have in the collection. This maker made these with and without the sleeve on the prong bar.
    Chad

Chad! Thanks for the reply and good to see my fellow Southern Californian on here Thankfully you'll understand why I sometimes post on here in the middle of the night our time. The forum and buckle research is a great way to stay awake during my downtime on graveyard.
    Yes, I think it's good to have the other M5 with it's unique marking in the collection. As you're an authority on HJ's, I'm curious...was this marking placement against RZM regulations or just non-conforming to the standard?

Best,
    Adam

A super brace of "M5's" Adam.

It is odd that M5 should appear on a buckle, however having said that, the Uniform Accessories code is not unique to HJ's.

Attached are images of a DAF-Werkschar which is clearly M5 marked and as I have mentioned in passing before, this buckle was in theory one and in many ways, which was supposedly tightly controlled by the RZM.

Regards,

David

David
    great DAF!! I have never seen this mark on a DAF before ..

Adam.. this is not the only known maker to use the diamond as a marking area, although it is not common.
    M4/72 Wilhelm Duemer is another known maker who marked Hj in the diamond on reverse .

Very nice buckle, David and new info for me as up until this point I thought the M5 designation was exclusive to K u Q and the HJ's.
    Chad, that's interesting about M4/72 Wilhelm Duemer also marking buckles in this location. If you have an example I'd love to see a photo.
    Speaking of photos, Chad I came across an old thread of your's (2005 I think) on WAF where you showcased your entire HJ collection as it stood then. I for one would be most interested to see an update as it is today and posted on here! I'm also curious where you got the storage trays shown in that thread.

Best,
    Adam

Adam
    I will post a thread on my collection here for you later tonight.
    as for the trays, the are called "riker mounts" which is like a heavy duty cardboard box with a glass lid. They have inner trays which fit inside of them that have 20 spaces for non tabbed buckles.. they also sell 12 spaced trays for tabbed buckles.. each box with an inner tray is about $15
    I order them online and have them shipped to me, if you would like my supplier , I will PM it to you.
    They riker mounts are a great way to organize and to showcase your buckles..
    Chad

Adam
    I will also post the Deumer HJ for you tonight

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast